+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, SANYO WARRANTY in Technical; I have a Sanyo projector (plc-xw57edu) that has stopped working due to overheat I think, although the image was getting ...
    Thank Post

SANYO WARRANTY

I have a Sanyo projector (plc-xw57edu) that has stopped working due to overheat I think, although the image was getting very poor and the bulb is not near end of life by a long shot, anyway looking at the warranty (apparently we should have registered the bulb warranty min 90 days after purchase! its now 12 monthe old!) but as its not working the real question is as its an educational version what is the warranty as I can't see from the website anything about it. Does the educational warranty cover a swap out, RTB or what? I can see where I contact Sanyo for a bulb warranty but not for projector warranty?

On a side note just read the warranty details of the bulb, must not be on for more than 5 hours a day ffs! its a school!!!! Wish they had included some info in the packaging about 90 day register limit!

Thank Post
    I managed to get our warranty sorted out after 12 months of ownership, I registered the projectors when they were installed then forgot all about it but then when I found the paperwork again I realised the registration had failed, so I ran sanyo in a bit of a flap and spoke to a very nice man that sorted it out for me
    Last edited by chrbb; 27th February 2010 at 07:45 PM.

Thank Post
    Yes just phoned tham and " a very nice man" was very helpfull. They are going to exchange the projector noo problem. One thing I did find out was that the projectors that we wer sold as being 'educational' are not actually educational, still have three years lamp and projector warranty but the educational one includes an engineer to come and take down and fit the replacement. Was told it was an educational warranty but at least I'm still covered just means I'll have to take it down which is no hardship.

Thank Post
    Hi Techsupp.
    The part number you gave at the start of the post is for the EDU model. The non-EDU model (usually for business) has an LMP suffix instead. So you should be covered for the projector warranty support, even if you didn't register the lamp within the 90days. The EDU warranty does cover on-site de/re-install so you should get an engineer to come out - I know this to be the case as just organised it for one of my customers last week.

We started registering the EDU lamp serial numbers on behalf of customers about 18 months ago as we found that many schools either didn't realise, or just left it too late.

As you found out, if you push a bit you should still be able to get the lamp supported even if you register late, but would recommend you go through all your projectors and register them pre-emptively, even if a little late.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread