Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Bugzi

Members
  • Posts

    96
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bugzi

  1. ok. I understood that. We have Co-Management setup by third party last year, but it's still in testing for us and I've not had the time to do much more with it How do you have it setup with co-management please?
  2. Ok thanks. I don't think InTune will be a way to go for us as so far when we have looked into it, it feels like an unfinished product. I'll try winget. Does anyone have any tips for winget please?
  3. Thanks. So what is the "new" ways of deploying them please?
  4. Hello, I hope someone could help please. We've been using SCCM and Microsoft Store for Business for sometime but the location which was setup to store the content had to be changed as the previous storage server has been decommissioned. I couldn't find a way of changing the content location setting so decided to remove the store and add it again. Removing went through fine but adding it back in again has proven an issue. When I click on "Configure Azure Services", I am only seeing options for "Cloud Management" and "Administration Service Management". The option for "Microsoft Store for Business" does not show up. We are running SCCM version 2303 (5.2303.1089.1300). Does anyone have any tips please that I could try? Many thanks
  5. Thanks everyone. Still looking around at different products. We currently have TeamViewer setup for unattended access, as we install the host client on all devices, this allows us access to the device without the end user having to give us a session ID and such. The Remote Help via Intune is kind of hit and miss we found in our tests. Microsoft also have TeamViewer now added into InTune for the preferred remote access but this only works by asking the end user to provide you with a session ID. Rustdesk looks nice but the server only works on Linux, which is a shame. UltraViewer I looked at but I couldn't find any way to setup unattended access and with over 2k devices, their pricing seems odd. I'm looking at Screen Connect currently so will see how that goes. If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know.
  6. Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for an alternative to TeamViewer please? With the recent change of making managed devices mandatory, our cost has doubled now which seems rather a lot. We have a mix of Desktops, Laptops, Surfaces, Chromebooks and mobiles. Thanks
  7. I've checked this yesterday and today and yes, it showed green and distributed. Do I need to add CMG to any specific Boundary or Boundary Group?
  8. We use a combination of removing some built-in win 10 apps during the task sequence with AppLocker to block apps like the feedback one. We also have the Microsoft Store for Education setup which staff can use. The link to the store is only in the start menu as we customise the taskbar to hide it from there.
  9. Hello, Is anyone running SCCM with CMG? We've had SCCM for a while and had CMG installed earlier this year by another company but when we come round to actually making use of it, we've now found out that it doesn't work. When we use a device that is visible on the CMG MP, but then try and run a task sequence, we get this error: The software could not be found on any servers at this time. Looking in the LocationServices.log file, I am seeing a lot of these errors: Error reading location override information from WMI. Return code: 0x80041010 And in the CAS.log file, it is giving me this: The number of discovered DPs(including Brand DP and Multicasting) is 0 I've had a look for a fix for the error code above, but have not found any working solution. Is anyone able to help please? Thanks
  10. Hello, Has anyone got any experience with the new PowerShell Graph SDK api please? I'm looking at converting our current scripts over to this but it seems the commands for Teams don't seem to support basic error handling. For example if I put "New-MgTeam -BodyParameter $params" into a Try / Catch and the command throws an error, Catch just doesn't seem to get triggered. Wondering if there is a workaround or such for this please? Thanks
  11. Apologise, I wasn't very clear. The updates I am installing are coming from PatchMyPC. These are being added by an ADR and have been fine. Just this error is coming through quite a lot on my test device. Do you have an example / info how I can find this in WMI please as I don't know what the package ID is either ? Thanks
  12. Hello, I'm trying to troubleshoot some Software Updates issues from our SCCM environment. When looking at the "UpdatesDeployment.log" file, I am getting repeating errors for this: Failed to get update (Site_E3DBEB44-93D0-4267-B9AD-88ED53A72222/SUM_583879ed-42c4-474f-a3b1-c3045757fe21) Article Id, error = 0x87d00215 Googling this always comes back with to check the DP for disk space, but that is fine. I also don't see any sync errors on the DP's. Is there a trick to find which update the ID numbers refer to please? Many thanks
  13. Thanks. Somehow/something is setting the users active with "EmailAddressPolicyEnabled" set to true. This seems to be default on our network even though our Email Address Policies show as "not applied". They used to be active, years ago though I was told. So far I've set all the affecting users to disable the email address policy until the migration is complete. I've been told that we need to turn this on again though so the fun then continues
  14. Thanks again for the replies, much appreciated. I've checked the accounts and "msExchRecipientTypeDetails" is "2147483648", "msExchRemoteRecipientType" is "1". The mailboxes are all in O365. But strangely, on some accounts that were created earlier this month, when I run any switch with "Set-Remotemailbox" has it's email address format changed back to "domain.ac.uk". What I've found is in the AD attributes, there is "msExchPoliciesIncluded" and the account that has it's email format changed has "{26491cfc-9e50-4857-861b-0cb8df22b5d7} and 5f4163c4-83a0-4752-92cf-e7f860d2b30a" as values. The test accounts, created around the same time and same process have nothing set in "msExchPoliciesIncluded" but have "msExchPoliciesExcluded" with value "{26491cfc-9e50-4857-861b-0cb8df22b5d7}" set. Not sure if those attributes are meant to do something or not.
  15. Thanks both. I set the AD attributes already via PowerShell and that works fine. However, some settings like the in-place archive, I can't seem to do via AD attributes and Microsoft recommends "Set-RemoteMailbox" but as soon as that command is run, it does "something" and changes the email format back to "domain.ac.uk". I'm trying to understand why it changes.
  16. Thanks for the help. Still having fun with this, lol. Another issue I've come across is that when we create new accounts in AD and put "college2.ac.uk" and the primary SMTP and all the other domains as aliases works great by hand, but when we try and automate this using PowerShell I found an odd quirk. When we use the PowerShell command "Set-RemoteMailbox" to set various settings, it applies the settings but it also resets the primary SMTP from "college2.ac.uk" back to "college.ac.uk". Ref: Set-RemoteMailbox (ExchangePowerShell) | Microsoft Docs I've had a look at our local exchange server, as we have a hybrid setup, and our "email address policies" are disabled / unapplied. Does anyone have any pointers as to where I might find the culprit please?
  17. Not quite. Sorry We all have "[email protected]". Support staff have "[email protected]" and "[email protected]" and "[email protected]". The "college2.ac.uk" and "college3.ac.uk" domain are all separate O365 cloud accounts but the "college.ac.uk" domain is a Hybrid (Local AD sync) with O365. We renamed "[email protected]" and "[email protected]" accounts to "[email protected]" and "[email protected]". We then changed the default SMTP for "[email protected]" AD account to "[email protected]" and added "[email protected]" and "[email protected]" as an alias in AD. This all worked fine. But, in MS Teams, we can still find the old "[email protected]" O365 cloud account when you search for "Fred Blogs". We haven't deleted the accounts but have hidden them from the Global Address Book. I hope this makes sense?
  18. Thanks everyone. So what we have done so far is: 1. Rename old 365 account to export the pst file into the main AD account. (This had the other domain for the email address). 2. Add the aliases to the AD account and change the primary smtp and import the pst. This has all worked, but the old 365 account is still showing up in Teams when we search for them. The account within 365 just has our collegename.onmicrosoft.com domain, but Teams seems to still think it's previous domain. I understand it can take time to sync, but it's been over a week. Is there a trick to speed this up please?
  19. Hello, Apologise if this is not the correct forum to post in. We currently use Jira Service Management (Self-hosted) which is also used by other departments. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it and if they are switching to their cloud edition or data centre edition. I believe the self hosted edition will run out of support in Feb 2024 and from this Feb they will no longer off renewals. We have a small handful of plugins within Jira as we grab data from our local SQL servers to inject into Jira. What other systems are out there that is used in education that people can share their thoughts on please? Many thanks
  20. Thanks everyone. I'm making progress here with this but running into a few oddness. We've changed some of our accounts over but it seems Teams is not playing ball. When we search for a member of staff that changed, it's showing both the correct account and the old account. The old account we changed in O365 admin from our domain to an onmicrosoft.com domain but Teams is still showing the previous email address that is now an alias on the main AD account. I've followed these examples on clearing the Teams cache, but none of them have worked: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams – Clear Teams cache on Windows 10 – Boot Networks Does anyone else have any suggestions please?
  21. Thanks. So I'm making these changes in the "proxyAddresses" attribute. Would I need to change the "mail" attribute too, as that is still set to the same as the login address?
  22. Thank you. Will try this. When we specify a new primary SMTP address, will this also change the default email address in the global address book? Ours seems to take days to always update
  23. Hello, I was wondering if someone could assist please? Our current email setup is rather complicated and confusing and we are looking at simplifying it. Currently teaching staff have one AD account with an email address attached. Non teaching staff have one AD account with an email address attached and two additional O365 accounts with other email addresses. For example: [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]. I don't know the exact reasons as to why this was, but SLT wanted it this way. This is causing non stop issues with O365 and teams and SharePoint as people are confused as to what account they should be using. A possible solution that we are looking at is to merge the two additional email accounts into the main AD account, but is it possible to have the second email address as the main send/receive email address? For example, user logs in with "[email protected]" into O365 but sends and receives emails as "[email protected]". Any tips would be greatly appreciated please. Thanks
  24. No, not updated any devices to 20H2. I did hear about the certificate issue. Generally we feature upgrade once a year, but not sure how that will change with Cyber Essentials nowadays. We still have quite a few devices on 1709 and 1809. 1909 has been the latest stable Windows 10 version we moved to last summer to which we are still playing catch up. 20H2 is meant to be this summer, but no prep work has been done yet. What issues did you find for 20H2?
  25. Hello, I've been working on a new Task Sequence for updating Windows 10 from older releases to 1909 (and 20H2 at a later time). For devices that are on site, it works fine, but for devices which are mobile and off site, I've hit a roadblock. With Pre Caching and such, I can get the TS to work, but as soon as the first reboot kicks in, the device isn't connected to the VPN anymore. Which then means that no state messages are sent back to the SCCM server. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can potentially solve that please? I know there is CMG, but I'm unsure of the monthly costs for that, so difficult to build a business case for that. I could potentially hack something together where the success is stored in the Hardware Inventory and then sync that back to SCCM, but the actual deployment is still stuck in "In Progress" within the SCCM Monitoring. Thanks
×
×
  • Create New...