Bugzi
Members-
Posts
96 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Bugzi
-
Thank you for responding. Do your users not have to MFA when they try and access Company Portal and apps like OneDrive, Office? We have our devices setup as shared devices too, but when they log into the device with username/password, then when it comes to loading Company Portal, and also doing a manual sync, they get asked to MFA.
-
Hello, I wanted to ask how other organisations handle their sign-ins for staff / students on Windows 11 devices please. We are currently rolling out Windows 11 and are having a bit of a nightmare when it comes to sorting out MFA and Windows 11 sign-in experiences. For staff devices we are looking at Windows Hello for Business but for student devices we are looking at WebSign-in from Microsoft. But so far, all testing have been rather problematic and disappointing. If you are not using either of these methods, how do you handle the multiple authentications for things like Company Portal and Office apps and OneDrive please? Many thanks
-
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help please. We are currently migrating to Intune with Windows 11 with Entra ID only and a bit of SCCM for apps. When we try and configure Windows Hello for Business, it seems that our Windows 11 devices are picking up settings for Windows Hello from SCCM. Our SCCM is version 2403, and looking at the enabled features, we do have Windows Hello for Business enabled within SCCM. But Microsoft has deprecated this in SCCM in our version so we are unable to configure this within SCCM. Does anyone have any information on how we can tell SCCM to not configure this please and leave the settings up to Intune? Currently the settings from SCCM teem to override the Intune settings on our devices. Many thanks
-
How we do it currently is, in SCCM we specify the name and type (staff / student - desktop / laptop) during the Task Sequence. Is it even possible to do something similar? Selecting the device in Autopilot after it's been imaged and then changing the name, I'm unsure how that would work as you would need to know the initial device name I thought?
-
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post, if not, please can it be moved? We are getting ready to migrate our entire estate to Windows 11 in the summer, but wanted to ask how other people are doing it please. We currently use SCCM but going forward we are looking at using a hybrid approach with SCCM and Intune and Autopilot to have the devices in a hybrid Entra and AD environment. One of the quirks we've found is the inability to name a device with Autopilot apart from specify a prefix. How did people overcome this bit please? Any tips would be really appreciated please. Thanks
-
Hello, I wanted to ask if anyone else has come across this error yet/before. We currently use SCCM 2403 with Hotfix Rollup (KB28204160). It seems more and more of our apps we add to SCCM and push out now show as "Error" in the deployments monitoring. The detailed information always has Category Success, Status Type Error, Error Code 0x0 (0), Error Description Success. The same is in the asset details bit too. The apps install fine and when looking at the AppEnforce.log log file, the process exists with code 0. Has anyone else come across this before and do you perhaps know of a solution please? Thanks,
-
Thanks, is that Exchange Online P2 for the other staff? - - - Updated - - - Thanks. Our college decided to stick with A3 and buy teams phone license on top. Curious, but what do you do with PowerBI then please?
-
Hello, I wanted to ask what Microsoft licenses other places use for staff and students please. In addition, do you enable all the apps with the license or just some? We use Microsoft 365 A3 for faculty for staff and Microsoft 365 A3 for student use benefit for students. Thanks
-
Thanks. I've checked and both the .exe and .msix are unblocked. for newly imaged devices, using the bootstrapper.exe this works fine now. For existing devices which has users on already, this is still problematic. Another error code I got when trying to run teamsbootstrapper.exe -p either as admin or as system (using psexec) is "0x80073CF9". This I managed to resolve with the following: b) Type "net stop wuauserv" and press Enter.c) Type "rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old" and pressenter.d) Type "net start wuauserv"and press enter. When I run the Install-MSTeams.ps1 either as admin or system user, that also errors out with "The remote procedure call failed.".
-
Thank you for sharing this. I've actually just stumbled across the installer you use too, on this url: CodeDump/Install-MSTeams.ps1 at main · suazione/CodeDump · GitHub One of the issues I am tackling is that when I call the bootstrapper.exe with the "-p" command, I get this error code "0x80070490". I've not found a solution to that yet. When people suggest on other websites to use "Get-AppXPackage -Name MSTeams -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers", like the install script you have, I then get this error message "Remove-AppxPackage : The remote procedure call failed." That too I've failed at finding a solution for too
-
I tried to use the latest msix for teams but that still didn't work until the device was reimaged. I can't remember the exact error code I got atm. Yes I mean the UWP/msix apps in general. There are sometimes actual store apps but I try to solve that with WinGET. The issue is, i cant use logon/logoff scripts when users don't log into the same device frequently and then you are stuck trying to solve a broken uwp/msix app on a device, like I had today.
-
I used the bootstrapper previously but it seems the MSTeams.msix from February 2024 seems to be to old by now as the bootstrapper was throwing non stop error codes at me when I tried to manually install it after SCCM was reporting errors. The behaviour with store apps I described I see with other store apps too on our devices.
-
Hello, Hopefully someone may be able to shed some light on this or help me please. I've been looking into an issue for several weeks now but without much success. For example, I've tried to reinstall MS Teams app via the Microsoft's bootstrapper.exe but to do this I tried to uninstall teams first. I know the new Teams app is a MSIX/Store app so I've tried to run the usual Appx commands in PowerShell but if more than one user had logged into the device it is failing to remove the app. When I try the command "Get-AppxPackage -Name MSTeams -Allusers | Remove-AppxPackage", this generally fails with an error about remote procedure call. I get the same if I run Powershell as system user, using psexec. As a test I manually removed all the profiles via Control Panel, but when you run Get-AppxPackage -Name MSTeams -AllUsers, it is still listing the app installed under the old profiles. Apart from a complete reimage of the device, I've not had any luck with trying to find a working solution. Does anyone have any tips please? Thanks
-
Our SCCM is currently 2303 and we normally get a consultant to do the upgrade with me once a year, as a kind of fail safe as SCCM seems to not always be plain sailing. Then we have had Co-Management setup but this seems to be not working at all it seems. For example, I created a new client policy to use Company Portal instead of Software Centre, deployed it to the test machines but Company Portal is just not either being installed or used. I can only use it for one user if I manually install it via powershell. Apps are also not coming down from Intune via SCCM. Another issue we have is that 99% of our devices seem to be stuck on a very old Software Centre client and even though I have the options set to upgrade the client, nothing seems to be happening and I just can't seem to pin point the exact cause.
-
Hello, Does anyone have a company or contacts they could share please with companies that provide consultancy services for SCCM / InTune please? We've been with a very good company for a while but they have been bought up by another company and that has then stopped providing all consultancy services and now we are bouncing around for months trying to find another company that can provide ad-hoc support and upgrade help. Many thanks
-
Hello, We've had our system migrated a year or two ago and I don't know the exact cost but it was definitely quite time consuming for the engineer to redo the whole setup. I think out cost was a bit reduced as we have an on going maintenance contract too.
-
No not completely, just disabled in GPO. When I run get-appxpackage to check for the winget app, I can see it installed for the user but when I try and call it by winget.exe in powershell or CMD, it throws the error as it doesn't recognise it. I'm a bit lost now tbh as I seem to get so odd results.
-
Does anyone have any further help please? As a test I've reimaged a new laptop with Windows 10 Education 22H2. When I log in as a local admin, open up powershell I can access winget then. However, when I log out and log in as a staff user, this then fails and it says that winget.exe is not recognised. I've tried the suggestion from their troubleshooting page to register the appx again, but this does not seem to fix it. I don't see any errors in Event Viewer either. Does the store need to be enabled for winget to work?
-
Thanks. I've managed to get Winget working as SYSTEM user for some store apps that install for all users. Just the per-user is giving me some grief. - - - Updated - - - Thanks, that's one of my problems though. Our sccm co-management integration isn't working and so far all attempts at fixing that, have failed.
-
Thanks both. How do other schools/colleges use WinGet when they have the store disabled please? We used to get the store apps via sccm directly from Microsoft store for education, but that has kind of died for us now. Our implementation of Co-Management with Intune is not working very well either yet, with issues I just can't find a solution for. So currently I'm giving WinGet a try, but this seems to be a bit of a hit and miss atm.
-
Hello, I'm hoping somoene can help please. I've been trying to use WinGet to install some store apps until our Microsoft Store/Intune integration is working. The version of WinGet that I am using is 1.8.1911. I am installing WinGet via the Store package msixbundle, as I couldn't get another way for it to work. Is this method correct? This works fine for the current logged in user, but any other user that is trying to use WinGet then gets the error that the system couldn't find WinGet. According to the troubleshooting page, I've managed to fix it by reregistering the app for that user, but do I have to do this for every user on our network devices? Any help would be much appreciated please. Thanks
-
Thanks for the link. Our workloads are set to Pilot Intune. When I deployed Company Portal via Intune, I can't see that in Software Centre. It's a shame, because I kind of prefer Software Centre than Company Portal.
-
software centre doesn't show the apps that come from the Microsoft store via Intune and Co-Management. Or am I mistaken?
-
Hello, I wanted to ask how people deploy the Company Portal app in their environment please. We aren't using Intune fully yet for Windows devices, but it's configured for Co-Management with sccm. I've tried to install it with the offline files via sccm, but it's only ever showing for the user that initiated the install from Software centre. Any other user doesn't then see Company Portal on the device. Does anyone have any tips please? Many thanks
-
Hello, Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask this, wasn't too sure where else to put this. Has anyone tried to deploy the InformaCast app and service recently? I'm trying to do this at the moment and install the app via WinGet (its a MS Store app). It seems to install fine, but even when running WinGet as system user, you can't launch the main Informacast.exe to open the app as Windows says that "informacast.exe" is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. If I open the app via the start menu, that works, but that does not allow us to pass along the necessary switches. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
