Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ajames

Members
  • Posts

    52
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ajames

  1. All I have recentely set up a server and installed 3CX IP system. I have installed two computers, three mobile phones and a Cisco SPA 303 IP phone for testing purposes. At present it is only internal, external will come later. I can make and receive internal calls to the computers and mobiles with no issues at all, however I can only call the Cisco SPA 303, I am unable to make a call from it. When i try and dial a extension number from the SPA it gets to the second digit of the three digit number, then beeps and says invalid number. I have trolled google but cannot find any answer. Could any cisco or 3CX expert point me to my error.
  2. If you download the internet explorer 10 gpo template, import that into your group policy object and it has all the settings you need to. Download Administrative Templates for Windows Internet Explorer 10 from Official Microsoft Download Center
  3. how do you turn off the citrix web url
  4. I have taken a look at Thinkiosk, but forgive the question, when it loads it asks for the url to citrix web interface, how do i find the url for hyper-v
  5. I have recently ventured in to the world of virtualization, and need a bit of advice. I have installed an configured Hyper-v on server 2012 in a test environment, converted a current pc to vhd and connected to hyper-v. My next task is to get our fat clients working as thin clients for connection. Ideally what i want is a simple OS to completely replace windows, something that boots quickly and simply gives a login box for connection to the hyper-v image, RDP for example. Does anyone have any idea if this exists, or is possible, i have seen lots of posts about various thin client software, but nothing really seams to be as simple as I want.
  6. Is it not possible to get it to total up in Sims, the problem is i need to generate a letter based on the highest number of points awarded, and as its SMT that will be running it, there needs to be as few as steps possible, from what your saying there is a formula in Excel then a mail merge to go through.
  7. Sorry, Sims
  8. Would anybody be able to help me with a report. I need to run a report that generates the number of behaviour points a pupil has received for a date range, but all attempts seems to produce the total for the year and takes hours to run, does anyone have one they could make available to me.
  9. ajames

    Papercut MF Issue

    Anyone had any problems with papercut mf on macs, i have a machine at the moment playing up, the charge box does not appear for all users, I have a mac where test1 can print but test2 cant, and another mac where test2 can print but test1 cant. The charge box appears for the one user but not the other, these are loaded with all sorts of software so switching the computers isn't an option (before someone suggests it).
  10. Its been fine for two years, and has only just done wrong
  11. I have just started having a problem with my osxserver, it will not allow me to login to server admin, i get the following message could not connect to osxserver.local server admin was unable to connect to the server at osxserver.local I have browsed loads of forums but they all seem to point to a corrupted com.apple.servermgrd.plist, and suggest replacing the file, but i cannot find a file to replace it, it can apparently be found on the osx install dvd but i cant find it. Can any one offer a solution or fix.
  12. I hope someone has the knowledge to assist me with this. I have setup a music suite consisting of 15 Imacs, which are bound to OD and AD, I want to create an itunes library on a synology ds209 using the built in ITunes application and then use workgroup manager to assign the library to pupils when they log in. Is this possible and if so does any one have detailed instruction on how to do it.
  13. Morning all Can someone help me out with a conundrum, I have recently set up a media centre containing 17 Macs and bound to active directory, locking down using Workgroup manager. Everything is working really well, but I have been asked by the music teacher to create a itunes library on his mac, that he can put work into that all the other macs will see when staff and pupils log in. I have search for ways of doing this but can only really find home sharing for a home network. What i need is to use something like workgroup manager to point all users to a specific library when they login, rather than there own individual accounts. Does anyone know of a way to do this. Also is there a way of preventing the first run screens of office and ilife.
  14. Thank you so much to you both, problem solved.
  15. I have set up a new imac suite and am running osxserver as my od, the integration into ad has gone fine, but i am having a problem. I am trying to add logic to the list of allowed applications, and to add the icon to the dock, but the program is not installed on the server its self. Could somebody tell me how to add the program to the allowed list and the dock without physically having it installed on the server, it is installed on the other 15 Imacs, I have been told it can be done. Many Thanks in advance
  16. Thanks for the replys, but what i should of metioned is i'm using a macbook air running safari, are there any solutions for that.
  17. I have just finished setting up a mac mini with server os x server, as an open directory master and active directory binding, i have created user groups and link to active directory login groups, and set all the restrictions. Then i took my first imac and bound to active directory and open directory. When i log in as a pupil i get their ad home folder on the tool bar, which works fine, however when i run something from i life 11, e.g garage band it saves to the default home directory of the mac. Does anyone know how i can set the imacs programs to default save to the ad home directory.
  18. Guys, I am looking for some information regarding bypassing proxy servers, i use my laptop in work and at home and find it really irritating to enter the proxy details when i log onto the school network, and then have to take them out when i connect to the internet at home. Also its annoying to have to remove the proxy address to access local ip for printers, switches, routers and wireless etc, as this can be a slow process waiting for pages to load, and not being able to use the internet in a separate tab at the same time while waiting. Under the proxy tab is the box - Bypass proxy settings for these hosts and domains, now i have on many occasions entered local ip's and home ip's in there but it never works, firstly is that whats is for, or is there another way to do what i want. I do not want to access sites that the council are banning, just want to remove the necessity to add and remove the settings when trying to work locally and from home. Any help would be appreciated.
  19. Hey all. Hope some one can help me with a little issue I have. I need to setup a scheduled task to run a Sims backup, however it is saying i need to have log on with batch rights. When I go to add my user account into the log on with batch rights, it is grayed out. Does any one know what I am doing wrong. Thanks
  20. I have recentely switched from ranger to impero, it is fantastic software, originally it look really expensive compared to the free programs you can get, but the free ones just don't give the same features or control that impero does, i have a contact who done me a really good deal on the software, if you want send me your details i will arrange for him to give you a call, talk you though the options, [email protected]
  21. I have been running a trial of impero now for about a month, and have to say its the best software I have seen or used, we had ranger administrator prior to impero, and found it slowed the network, kept crashing and was a nightmare where scripts were concerned, also having to monitor 1000 + kids was a head ache when all you have is a screen shot for an individual. If any one is thinking of new monitoring software I can guarantee impero is the one to try, I have a contact who is giving some very competitive prices at the moment, if anyone out there wants more information or the contact details please feel free to pm me, I am so happy with the software I could scream for joy, and the teachers (Who are still in the dark ages) find there classroom control has gone up 100% with the features the console has.
  22. That was my original plan, however the old exchange has been upgraded from 2000 in the past and not been completed correctley, therefor the active directory still thinks its 2000 and wont allow me to upgrade to 2007 until its been upgraded to 2003. So this is a kind of medium step.
  23. Hoping Someone Can help me out with exchange I am running an old HP 2003 server with exchange 2003, i have a new server and want to replace the old server. Does anyone have an idiots step by step guide to doing this. Cheers
×
×
  • Create New...