CM786
Members-
Posts
218 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by CM786
-
Good luck mate. I'm sure its worth it!
-
Thanks to both kingswood and yeoman for the replies. The school has no other decent spare PCs I could use. Even if they did it seems that I need a box running: Which means buying another license in addition to the PC Have another school that has a 64bit Windows 2003 Server I could try it on and SODS law has it that WSUS only seems to work on 32Bit OS! So thats both the Group Policy snap-in and WSUS the 64bit version doesn't run..... 8O
-
Looks good! Can WSUS be added to a normal Server 2003 Domain Controller or does it have to run on a seperate box? I want to try this at one of my schools tommorow, but they only have one Server which acts as the Domain, DNS, DHCP, Fileserver. Would adding IIS6/WSUS be okay? The server is a P4 3.06Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram, SATA, RAID and is used by less then 40 clients. Thanks
-
The Dlink Web Interface says the printer is online and connected. The frustrating thing is that I know this works because I have setup another PC (a laptop) to print to the printer using (what seems) the exact same printer driver settings.
-
Hi guys, I am trying to setup a D-Link Print Server (DP301U) with an Oki 3200 laser printer. Everything seems to be fine, but when I try and print a test page I get the message: I set the printer up on another computer and I also kept getting this error, but it suddenly started working. On the PC I am trying to setup at the moment I have checked that the printer driver settings (port name, IP, Protocol etc are all the same as the PC it works on and I keep getting that LPR port message? Some Info: Port Name: PS-B4B8F4 Printer IP: 172.30.***.220 Protocol: LPR (tried Raw and same thing) LPR Settings - Queue Name: PS-B4B8F4 LPR Byte Counting Enabled I have tried an old Epson 900 printer using the print server and that works great. Any ideas? Thanks
-
To all those that don't like Dr Who - your're all wrong - you just are! Its brilliant, but I do think the first series was better with Christopher Ecclestone - he was more edgy and just seemed more 'real' (if you can apply that term to sci-fi) :?: David Tennent feels more like a pantomine Dr. Have never got into Star Wars, Star Trek was okay but I wasn't a big fan.
-
http://www.cdnnetworks.com/ Don Wilson 07976931007 I have used CDN Netoworks for wireless installs, VPN links and interactive whiteboards. All work is carried out by the companies own installers and not sub-contracted out, so it is top noch. Don (and his partner) Nigal have over 25 years of experience in networking and wireless kit and really know their stuff and are easy to get hold of, unlike the big boys. Give Don a ring and he will sort you out. They always try to beat other quotes, but for quality installations and setup, it is always worth paying just that bit extra. (And...No I'm not on commission! )
-
Yep.... sorted! Thanks Indie! Only probem (well for now!) I have is that gpmc.msc (Group Policy Management Console) doesn't seem to work with the x64bit version?? I had a quick look on the net and didn't find any x64 bit version.
-
I await your thread in the How to forum then!!
-
About time!!!!!! 8O Think Intel should be even more worried..... :twisted:
-
Thanks Geoff. Working in primary schools clustering is something I will probably never encounter....
-
Hi guys, This is a question on behalf of a friend of mine. I'm sure the answer is YES as long the two servers have access to the same data/shares so that if one fails the other can take over immediately, but I don't want to give him false info. He has a mixed environment with both Windows 2000 and 2003 Server (Enterprise I would assume if he wants clustering) Thanks.
-
I use Acer laptops extensively and the teachers like them because they look good (so they look cool when having meeting with other schools ) and I've not had any major problems in the 3 -4 years they have been in use.
-
Hi mate, I assume your connected to a server and have problems with your clients picking up group policies from the server? Is it always the same computers that cause the problem, even when you have reimaged? What LAN card is installed on these PC's? I have had trouble in the past with SIS900 LAN chipset.
-
Lots of good ideas. The monitor is a TFT, but its gonna be hard finding a CRT - the school have just changed over from old style iMacs so it looks like I'm going to have to ask the Secretary if I can use her office PC monitor for a few minutes! The card has 1xVGA out and 1XDVI out, so I would think the VGA output was working by default? I hope that Indie is right and its a quick fix.
-
Thanks Indie, As far I can remember, in Device Manager their is no video adapter entry. I also tried booting into VGA only mode and that also failed. Not alot I can do now until I go back on Tuesday, but all ideas appreciated.
-
Hi guys, As I posted in another thread I am setting up a server using Windows Server 2003 R2 x64. I also have the 32Bit version of Server 2003 on the server on a seperate HDD and it works fine. I kept it incase I had problems with the 64bit version since I had heard it was abit of a pain! The 64Bit version installs up to a point, then after setup reboots does the "installing devices" bit and when that all finishes and the PC is rebooted into the newly installed operating system for the first time the, when the windows logon screen is supposed to come up the monitor goes blank and then I get "No Input Signal" on the screen. Obviously a graphics problem then?? I can get into Server 2003 x64 using safe mode however, so I'm sure its a driver issue. The Server has the following spec: Athlon Dual Core X2 3800+ Asus A8N-SLI SE 2Gb Crucal Ram 2 x 36Gb Western Digital 10K Raptor 1 x 250Gb SATA2 HDD 1 x Saphire ATI Radeon X300SE I am going to try installing the Radeon driver in safe mode and then seeing if I can get into Windows, not sure if it will let me however. I'm next back at the school on Tuesday and will only have limited time to fix it, so any ideas appreciated! Thanks
-
Still struggling to get what I need. :? But thankfully someone from my car club (no not Saxo or Punto) has what I'm after so I've saved paying Pheonix Software 18 pound per CD and waiting a week. Can't be bad...
-
Sounds like our LEA! A school of mine ordered something from them and it didn't arrive until the following September! September 2004 ordered Septemer 2005 recieved. 8O
-
Yep. Have used Pugh in the past for buying Macromedia Contribute. Very fast
-
Thanks, will look into it for next time.
-
Good point, the amount of times i've had a legit serial but lost the media... Does this mean I'm a terrorist? bittorrent is your friend Edugeek has to cover its back I suppose and it probably wasn't the best idea asking for the media online. Oh well...Bit Torrent - never heard of it My contact at Pheonix Software was Leigh Simms actually... Abit of messing about (took a week) but compared to our LEA who can take until the end of time not bad (cheaper too). Leigh was very good at responding to emails too. Would use them again.
-
OK.. so I'll go with XP 32Bit clients and Server 2003 R2 64Bit. Thanks for the help
-
That means it will take ages..... We used Pheonix Software by the way (pretty good).
-
Hi, Ooops... SORRY :oops: ... I thought that it was the license you paid for and you could use any media. Obviously I was wrong. I was told by someone from our LEA: "Just buy the license and you can borrow my media to install" This does not seem to be the case then. Sorry again. I'm looking at the volume licensing download site at the moment then. I have my agreement number. I've put it in and it says an email has been sent to the agreement administrator??? Thought that was me??
