Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

danychouinard

Members
  • Posts

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by danychouinard

  1. That patch was already applied. The certificates were in the right place since I could connect once logged in. I'm trying to create a connexion before the domain logon. If I use WPA PSK it works fine, but I beleive that PSK is too weak for an organisation. I will have to manage over hundred laptop on two sites so I don't want to manually put a password into each computer. Today I've put in place a server in place based on zeroshell - a linux distribution specialised into basic network service. It contains CA and a Radius server and I was quickly able to implement a PEAP based WPA connexion. But the problem came back - still not able to establish the connexion before the domain logon. If i set the "Automatically use my logon name and password" option and creates a user in zeroshell with the same name and password that I use in SAMBA, I get this error message in radius : 15:49:45 Login incorrect: [gnagna] (from client hor-ap-001 port 0 cli 00-18-6E-1E-9F-46) 15:50:45 rlm_eap: Identity does not match User-Name, setting from EAP Identity. I feel that I'm getting so close. What am I missing?
  2. I try to stick to the Windows Zero Conf utility for now. Do you think a third-party utility could be helpful for that situation?
  3. The problem is that I am not using Active Directory and even less GPO. Samba gives my all the flexibility I need for my Windows Domains. However once a bounce I need features that has been "vendor locked". As far as my reading goes, setups that works uses AD, GPO and IAS. I do not understand why Windows XP refuses to use the machine certificates for my WPA connexion prior to logon. I suspects esoterics validation of certificats details, but I have no idea why. Any ideas Dany Chouinard
  4. Greeting everyone. I succesfully implement a test EPA/TLS wifi connexion with a winxpsp2 computer and certificates generated with openCA. However, the connexion will not occurs before the Domain Logon since the certificat reside only in the user profile. I tried to move the certificate in the computer container, but Windows refuse to see/use it. I tried the change the Authmode registry key without success. I beleive that Windows refuse to use the certificate because it does not originates from it's AD (I don't do AD). I want to know if it is possible to force Windows to use a certificate for WPA connexion before the Domain logon? Dany Chouinard C.S. Or-et-des-Bois Val-d'Or,Qc,Canada
×
×
  • Create New...