-
Posts
13,543 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Geoff
-
Had to come in early and learn DDoS protection 101. I bet the LGfL services had this in place already. Seems a lot of knowledge got 'forgotten' in the transition to One Connect?
-
Yes because a Domain controller is a consumer device?
-
CSV into powershell is probably the best way these days? To Create: Import-Csv c:\users.csv | ForEach { $Name = $_.givenName + " " + $_.sn New-ADUser -Name $Name ` -sAMAccountName $_.sAMAccountName ` -GivenName $_.givenName ` -Surname $_.sn ` -Initials $_.initials ` -DisplayName $_.displayName ` -Department $_.department ` -AccountPassword $_.ctPassword ` -Path $_.OU ` -ChangePasswordAtLogon $true ` -Enabled $true } To Update: Import-Csv c:\users.csv | ForEach ($User in $Userscsv) { Set-ADUser $User.sAMAccountName -Replace @{ title =$user.'job title'; company = $User.'business unit'; department = $User.'home department'; telephonenumber = $User.'work phone'; mobile = $User.'work wireless' } }
- 30 replies
-
- 3
-
-
- active directory
- bulk modify
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
2.5 Weeks to Google Reader Shutdown, what are people moving to?
Geoff replied to psydii's topic in General Chat
It's settled down now. It was seriously creaky after the original announcement about Google Reader going away. -
2.5 Weeks to Google Reader Shutdown, what are people moving to?
Geoff replied to psydii's topic in General Chat
Using the old reader. Only using it for my podcast feeds so it's fine for me. Wish I could find an android client though. -
No, but align your partitions for best performance.
-
Well you can get Office365/Google Apps for Peanuts.
-
I wonder what does the school AUP say on the matter? If policing this problem from an IT perspective is impractical/impacts teaching and learning I suggest kicking the problem across to pastoral care and/or start handing out the detention slips.
-
If you don't like the retro look of squirrelmail (this can be a benefit, it's lightweight and works on any device) then there are alternatives. For example Roundcube. Roundcube - open source webmail software
-
Block flash usage for the students in question?
-
An Open Letter to Mr Gove about Teaching Assistants
Geoff replied to sonofsanta's topic in General Chat
Reminds me of something Bruce Scheier wrote recently. Schneier on Security: The Politics of Security in a Democracy He was talking about national security but the motivations encouraging politicians to act seem universal. -
Well that was annoying. I finally got enough ladders explore to the very bottom of the cave I dug into. Guess what, the bottom rock layer of the biome I'm in is dolomite. Flux a plenty. Right under my shack the whole time!
-
If you are going down the LDAP <-> AD route don't expose your AD server to the internet. Use a VPN connection between your External Webserver and your Internal AD Server.
-
This is the issue. I've not found a biome with the correct rock.
-
I've only looked North and West. I'll search South and East when I can. East will require a boat though by the looks of things.
-
Well some flux would be nice.
-
Oh, I've found a cave under my house. It's scary!.
-
@Sunnyknight was having issues with his town claim. His house was too big to fit in a chunk basically. So changed the default to 4 chunks per resident instead of 1. Both @Sunnyknight and @localzuk were trying to create towns too close to each other, so I've reduced the distance limit in the config to 10 chunks instead of 50 chunks. If you do want to live closer together than that you are probably better forming a town to share.
-
How accurate is the simulation? Can I cut corners on health and safety and cause the rig to catch fire and explode, spilling millions of gallons of crude oil into the sea. Destroying the local marine ecosystem and significant economic harm for the people who depend on it?
-
Yes I have Admin bypasses for the protections. Its mainly needed for debugging. Also if the plot sizes aren't big enough let me know. But anyway, check out that video. It tells you everything you need to know to get started. One other pro-tip. Make sure you align your builds to the chunk boundaries as that's what the 'plots' really are, chunks.
-
Yeah the sluices and the gold pans give you a good indication what's underground nearby. I seem to get a lot of native copper in my sluices so as soon as I get my bloomery working I'll be fine for tools. I am struggling to find any flux stone though so can't make mortar yet :/ I've filled out the top post with more info. I've also added a server 'changelog' section. Now you all have access to MyTown commands make sure you claim the areas you've built on to stop griefing or theft (this is a public server after all).
-
I have started a new thread for my Terrafirmacraft server here. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/gaming/114634-terrafirmacraft-minecraft-mod-server.html
-
Helllo! As discussed in the FTB Server thread I've setup a TerraFirmaCraft server. Quickstart Guide You can download the 'launcher' here: Download | TerraFirmaCraft You can then connect on the following IP/Hostname (there is no whitelist, see below): trickerymodmc.provisionhost.com / 76.74.200.86 Dynmap is setup on http://trickerymodmc.provisionhost.com TerraFirmaCraft TerraFirmaCraft, created by Bioxx, is a complete rework of Minecraft survival. The world generation is very different from vanilla Minecraft, featuring a wide variety of biomes, stone layers, and vegetation. This mod is designed to make Minecraft survival more challenging and complex, while still being fun to play. Enjoy! Homepage Wiki Changelog Tutorials: No nonsense, a stone-age guide - TFCraft Wiki MyTown World Protection I am trying out a protection plugin called 'MyTown'. This allows you to claim a plot (a chunk basically) as a 'town' and control access to everything within the area. Server Changelog 10/06/2013 - Added MyTown Usage Permissions for players. Allowed Caps in Chat. 12/06/2013 - Increased per resident block limit for MyTown Residents to 4 (32x32m). Reduced distance limit between towns to 10 blocks (160m).
