-
Posts
13,543 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Geoff
-
EduGeek Minecraft Server: Enigmatica 2 - Expert
Geoff replied to localzuk's topic in EduGeek Minecraft
Use the '/rtp' chat command as soon as you login for funzies. -
You almost had it @localzuk SELECT COUNT(*) AS Amount, Convert(date,EntryDate,113) AS TransactionDates FROM Transactions GROUP BY Convert(date,EntryDate,113) Order by Convert(date,EntryDate,113)
-
Powershell here. I have a script that is run on a schedule overnight. Pulls straight out of the HR system. Also bins people off the same way. Does all the other bits and bobs too like Home folders, O365 account setup, Exchange Mailbox stuff and what not.
-
Alternative to Active Directory server
Geoff replied to BistTech's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Bit late to the party here. If you can handle a Linux based solution there is Samba 4. https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller This wont cost you any money other than the hardware to run it on (modest) and the time to set it up (depends on ability / knowledge). -
Ok it sounds like I just need to test it myself.
-
When you enable PXE booting on an SCCM distribution point server SCCM actually does the install and setup of the WDS role on it. Thus I am wondering if I manually go in and tinker is SCCM going to get upset and break or revert my config changes?
-
Does the F11 server selection work for SCCM?
-
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/?autojoin-code=1626158-689981
-
Sod it, I've made a new one. Please see the first post for the code.
-
It no one else does it. I will set one up on the 9th.
-
Yes, as I said. If you in a single building it's overkill.
-
I consider that VLANs are mandatory for any modern network. You just can't effectively manage your traffic otherwise. Either for performance or security. However beyond VLANs it is worth considering that it is best practice these days to push layer 3 as far down towards your network edge as possible. Mainly to avoid tedious STP issues and use OSPF to handle redundant routes. Ideally you want to layer 3 subnet all the way down to your individual cabinets or even switch level. If your network spans more than one building you should seriously consider this approach. Here's a good overview by Cisco that would be relevant to a lot of readers here. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Campus/routed-ex.html
-
Code to join this league: 1626158-689981 link to join the league: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/?autojoin-code=1626158-689981 You need to be signed up by 8pm BST 10/08/2018 when the first game starts.
-
I kill things with this powershell in the OSD. ######################################## # Remove Windows 10 Modern Apps (System) ######################################## # To find app names use: # Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -online | Select DisplayName, PackageName $appxpackages = ('Messaging', 'OneNote', 'OneConnect', 'SkypeApp', 'XboxApp') ForEach($package in $appxpackages) { try{ $packagenames=(Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -online | ?{$_.DisplayName -like '*' + $package + '*'}).PackageName ForEach ($packagename in $packagenames) { DISM /online /remove-provisionedappxpackage /packagename:$packagename } } catch { # Do nothing Write-Host "Critical error removing package: " Write-Host $package } } I have not had anything come back.
-
My code is: 4839 8853 1241
-
Installed it again recently as I was on holiday so visiting a lot of new areas. I've kept it on my phone as I'm quite enjoying it now with the new missions / raid mechanics. Gives a nice focus to your play. Plus I have a much beefier phone than I did back in 2016 (Samsung S3 vs Huawai P10 Plus) so it runs far better.
-
If you have a requirement to use Store apps or you want to use Office 365 Click to run after 2020 you will have to come off LTSC. As an O365 shop that is an issue we have to handle, but it's a manageable situation for us, as we just need to bin the Optiplex's we have and we're sorted (~350 workstations). I have found newer inplace upgrades a lot less painful. 1709 to 1804 was about an hour in the background then a 20 minute reboot. That's on one of our steam driven Optiplex's (granted with an SSD and a memory upgrade) too.
-
Firstly consult the holy words of MS and not buy shiny new things until you are sure the processor is supported by LTSC 2016. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/windows-processor-requirements. Otherwise I just put Win 10 Enterprise v1709 on. It's not really a hardship to support multiple Win10 versions as I have SCCM. I mean, I have Surface devices so I can't even put LTSC on those. We only really went down the LTSC route because of the driver issues with the ancient Optiplex 760's we're using.
-
A mix of 1709 Enterprise and 1507/1607 LTSB. The main issue being that the old Optiplexs we have lock up due to the sound card drivers that Win10 installs after 1507.
-
Got lost at sea on a raft
-
Features removed or planned for replacement starting with Windows 10 v1803
Geoff replied to Arthur's topic in Windows 10
You should of migrated to always on VPN by now. -
What's wrong with TerraFirmaCraft. Do you not like dying in a cave in?
-
Bloody useless the lot of you
-
On ServTech the world progresses with you. So as you complete tasks stuff unlocks so you can complete further tasks. So you can't get 'left behind' and a map reset wouldn't be required. At least that's what happens in SP. Not sure how it translates to MP though. @localzuk any clarification?
-
Features removed or planned for replacement starting with Windows 10 v1803
Geoff replied to Arthur's topic in Windows 10
Pants. You need offline symbols to be able to deciper the Windows update log. Anyone tried the Azure method? Getting rid of 6to4 is annoying. Not everyone ISP supports IPv6 yet (*yells at Virgin Media in Matrix code*).
