Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Millgate_Jon

Members
  • Posts

    101
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Millgate_Jon

  1. Millgate_Jon

    F1 Chat

    I would expect Lewis to have this years Championship aswell, the bookies seem to think so too, have you seen the odds? They must think he`s already won it. Curiosity got the better of me last night and I had to look this up to get the answer, so no cheating but you might like to ponder this one: If Lewis wins the title this year it will be 6 years between his first and second world titles, how far back to have to go before a driver had that gap between titles one and two? Cheers Jon.
  2. Millgate_Jon

    F1 Chat

    For me the level of excitement in a motor race is about the power:grip ratio and this year they seem to have got it right, helped out by the massive torque of course. I remember when the cars had too much power for the grip (80`s) and too much grip for the power (2000`s) and the level of wheel to wheel was adjusted accordingly. Lots of power and lower grip levels make for exciting racing, always has, always will - Just watch some high powered Caterhams (not the F1`s!) and see what I mean :-) Any of you folk been to Le Mans before? I`m making my first trip this year with some mates, after a few do`s and don`ts if anyone can help? Thanks Jon.
  3. Millgate_Jon

    F1 Chat

    I don`t think anyone can question his speed, he won GP2 (granted in a weaker year) and always outperforms himself at Monaco (a good indicator of natural talent) but it`s not enough to be quick these days. I like how Romain turned it round last year and hope PM can manage the same but if not then I think they would do well letting someone like Sam Bird have the seat, or one of the World Series drivers maybe? Jon.
  4. Millgate_Jon

    F1 Chat

    I don`t think the nose had anything to do with it, the replays showed the launch was instigated by the tyre contact. I think far more worrying is what might have been going through PM`s head when he decided to a) Throw one up the inside b) Not brake at the normal point when really he should have been braking well before it. The boy is quick, and we all know the team need his £$£ but is he really F1 grade? Jon.
  5. I looked at this a few years ago, most international recruiters have offices in the UK so you interview there and then if successful they normally have their own relocation folk to help you out. Choose wisely though, I have friends how came home after a few months having been sold a dream that was far from reality. Good luck though! Jon.
  6. I was living about 2 miles from BHX when the Dudley one happened, although I was further from Dudley than that I still had books shaken off shelves and the rumble through the floor made me wonder if a plane had crashed. Looking back it was quite exciting really!
  7. Red Bull have had a(nother) shocker of a day today haven`t they? I honestly think unless you`ve got a Merc unit in the back you are going to struggle, The Bulls even more so due to AN`s tight package with cooling etc. Someone posted earlier about Williams - I think everyone would agree that it would be nice to see them up at the front again, I wonder what Claire has set herself as a realistic and acheivable target, I think anything less than beating Fi and Sauber would be a let down this year.
  8. Jenson and Lewis to fight out the title I think - Both have the right power unit (there is no way a Renault is winning the WDC this season). Lewis has the pace but Jenson the brains. I expect Lewis will pull away towards the end of the season when Merc pull their support from McLaren and Lewis is a little more savvy with fuel save etc. What odds on Seb not seeing the topstep this year? - I think I have a few pence I could throw at that. Jon Millgate
  9. Very welcome indeed - Looks good, making me hungry.
  10. Congratualtions to @fairm010 who wins the pizza from me - one it`s way mate and with you Wednesday! Thanks Jon.
  11. Hello There I have a client who is very proficient at video editing and runs his own animation studio in Sheffield, I asked his advice on this and he has replied following: "most editing software will; Premiere, Final Cut etc but whatever you choose it will be an element of manual work and not 100% automated. I did something similar on a job recently where the client wanted to blur out a logo. You need to motion track the footage (automated but you have to set it up) and then you can track an object and parent you mask to it, which again will be automated once it is set up. There may be a plugin that does all this for you but you will need edit software first. What are they using currently?" Hope it`s a help Thanks Jon.
  12. Hi Everyone - Apologies for being a little late to this party, very nice to meet you all here and some at the BETT show recently. I think I might run my own Pizza Party soon as I missed most of this one. Who knows me already and has an Edugeek name that keeps your identity secret? Send me a message so I know who you are and I`ll see about doing the right thing. Thanks Jon.
×
×
  • Create New...