Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Pashers

Members
  • Posts

    336
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Pashers

  1. Hi all, Could someone please advise, I'm trying to find a way to add a group called Pupils to be local administrators. I don't think you do this in a script as the pupil may not have the priviledges to changes themselves to be local administrators!!? I'd prefer a bulk 'quick and easy' way if possible (I must be getting lazy tehehe). Thanks!
  2. I've had a quick search and found squash Squash: Batch image resizing doesn't get much easier - Download Squad which sound slike it will do what you ask for. It's free to download and it'll allow to you modify images in batch.
  3. Well I never did find the solution or reason for the issue. However, I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and then deleted and reinserted the rows of data. Seemed to work fine when inserting, just not updating.
  4. Currently using MSSQL and the query looks something similar to: update myTable set imgdata = photo from myTable left outer join [ExternalDatabase].[CurrentDatabase].[dbo].[tablePhotos] on myTable.ID = tablePhotos.ID Both fields are Image type
  5. Hi all, I've ran into an annoying issue, we have two databases of concern. One with the last years images of pupils; and the other database holding the current images of pupils. I've created an SQL query which runs and 'updates' the images. However, these images are now showing as 0x in the fields. Where as doing a select statement instead of a update statement, with the same query displays a different result e.g. 0xFFD8FEE... etc. I've tried manually putting one of the results into the field which needs updating which works wonderfully. It's just when trying to use the SQL query it somehow changes to 0x. Please help meeeee!!! Any help be most appreciated! (Hehe I like the troll animation)
  6. Hi iuppiter, due to it being a university project I won't feel right in telling you the 'answer' . Also I'm not sure I know what you mean. However, have you thought about using variables for example instead of using Range("B3").Select you would use a two global varibals like myCellInt and myCellStr. The int version will store the letter you are upto. Example: declare globally: Dim myCellStr As String Dim myCellInt As Integer Sub Macro1() 'Previous cell was b4. myCellInt was 66 (ascii for B) myCellInt=myCellInt+1 'moving right one cell myCellStr = Chr© & "4" '4 being the row number 'myCellStr will be now c4 Range(test).Select End Sub Does this help with what you wanted? You'll obviously need to make some amendments. However, I hope this might be able to set you on your way
  7. Hey all, I'm using MSSQL, and came up with this query to display the results I want. select tutorgroup_name, count(borrower_tutorgroup_id) from WBLS.dbo.Borrower left outer join WBLS.dbo.tutorgroup on borrower_tutorgroup_id=tutorgroup_id group by borrower_tutorgroup_id, tutorgroup_name It shows the number of tutor group names (e.g. 7x, 8x...) and then the number of pupils in the specific group. How do I modify the select statement so it will update a field called tutorgroup_total for each different tutor group with the count of number of pupils in the specific group. Hope this makes sense... I have a headache lol Thanks!
  8. Hi FN-Greatermanchester, Have you thought about using ASP.NET? Within the web.config put in Then as venkatzeus (asp.net web application authentication - ASP.NET Forums) said Please try this: 1. In the Browser (IE), go to "Tools->Options...-> security tab", add the website address to "Trusted Sites", or 2. Select "Local Intranet" and click "Custom Level...", scroll down to "User Authentication->User Logon", select "Automatically logon with current user name and password". Also please try enabling the Anonymous access. Click Start->Run->inetmgr->check Properties of "Web Sites"->switch to Directory Security->edit Authentication and Access control->Check "Enable Anonymous Access" Hope this helps!
  9. Pashers

    Test your C++

    Hey how's it going? For those who know C++, write a program to display "Hello World". The program must NOT contain any semi colons ( ; ). Good luck
  10. Hi ittech Not sure if I understand your problem 100%. The database uses "\r" for carriage return and "\n" for new line feed. However, as far as I know (I might be wrong, as my xml is quite limited). I'm not sure if xml uses carriage return. As this is white space. Try replacing the "\r" with: & # 13 ; (no spaces) Also replace the "\n" with: & # 10 ; (again no spaces) Hope this helps
  11. Do you mean scoll bars? Or the tool bar at the top of the IE/Firefox page? If it's just scroll bars that's not too bad. Using CSS is cleaner: My Title html {overflow-x: hidden;} ... However, if it's the toolbar at the top. The only way I can think of is doing a function like F11? Full Screen F11 Key. This would give you a good pointer on how to do that. That's the only thing I can think of. Hope that helps!
  12. I've tried it in Open Office, it's one of the first things I tried. Also tried saving it as a new 2003 document which also crashes word 2007. As previously explained even copy and pasting the content causes word 2007 to crash! It's an inconvience as it happens quite a lot with several pupils. If it was just the one off I wouldn't have posted this problem . I grrr at Word 2007 lol. Oh and the document is just the part of the original document that crashes for test purposes. Cheers
  13. I've tried it on three different machines, all three crashing
  14. Hey guys, I've done as much as I can and eventually found the 'crashing' point of a document. I have the two pages which are of concern and when I open it in 2003 it works. When opening in 2007 it crashes. I've tried copy and pasting the information from 2003 into 2007 which also crashes word 2007. I have a feeling it's to do with the format, slightly changing the image format or putting a return carriage after the first image 'fixes' this problem. I've tried to recreate the 'bug' in a new document with no success. Does anyone know how this bug is formed and how to avoid it for future documents? We've had this problem a few times in word 2007. Any help would be most appreciated :-) Thanks! crashing document.doc
  15. The format is just the login name, each year group has a different OU. That's why I've done a lookup for the user's ou then piped it into the reset password section. The only reason I went with .bat is because it's quick and easy. Maybe 'dirty' but easy, I like it when things are easy! If there is a more efficient way using VB Script, please tell me. I just thought it would be difficult to do the same thing?
  16. Wow, thank you! Does the job, splended!
  17. I've currently created an Access database (linking into the library database for the pupils information) which changes the pupils password automatically after they scan in their library card. Also forcing them to change the password at logon. Due to this, I thought it would also be a good idea to add a feature for admin, to open their home directory folder without the need of accessing AD, or the use of opening another program/document. The only reason I'm doing it as a .bat is because it's a quick easy fix and makes my life easier than even trying to do a VBA code for it :-)
  18. Hello! I'm new to creating batch files and at the moment I have the following command: dsquery user domainroot -name %1 | dsget user -hmdir %1 being the pupil's username. It queries the AD, and returns with the home directory of the pupil. However, I'm wishing to open this folder. I've tried the following with no joy: start dsquery user domainroot -name %1 | dsget user -hmdir start | dsquery user domainroot -name %1 | dsget user -hmdir dsquery user domainroot -name %1 | dsget user -hmdir | start Many thanks for your help!
×
×
  • Create New...