Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

sigma

Members
  • Posts

    1,681
  • Joined

Everything posted by sigma

  1. No chance of them dying out here. No longer a hot pudding just about every day as there was in my childhood. Still making regular crumbles though with pear and ginger being the house favourite. Yes with custard.
  2. Chatbot ethics. https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/meta-ai-chatbot-guidelines/ “An internal Meta Platforms document detailing policies on chatbot behavior has permitted the company’s artificial intelligence creations to “engage a child in conversations that are romantic or sensual,” generate false medical information and help users argue that Black people are “dumber than white people” There’s quite a lot that is disturbing in the article.
  3. There is a difference between having a screen where it can be seen, and under their managers eyeballs. No problem with the first, but in 45 years, I have never been in the situation of the second, and would object to it.
  4. Idiot question, but I presume all your servers run the same “edition” as the upgrade ISO has to match the installed edition?
  5. It shows a total lack of trust or respect. It is intrusive and would make most people feel very uncomfortable.
  6. And as a manager, the contents of my screen shouldn’t be visible through the window. Try the desks face to face sideways to the window?
  7. Were I the technician, I would be unhappy about you peering over my shoulder all day and getting a pain in the neck from having to keep spinning round to speak to you.
  8. https://colton.dev/blog/curing-your-ai-10x-engineer-imposter-syndrome
  9. The primary role of Airline Passenger Attendents is to deal with emergencies and to stop passenger panic. The serving of food and beverages is something to do when not needed for their primary function. https://cabincrew24.com/cabin-crew-duties-and-responsibilities/
  10. Was this AI generated? Telephone operators? Even I don't remember having to have a call connected by an operator in the last 30 years or so....
  11. I keep expecting that to happen, but think it will be a while here yet. Without being intentionally political, we have yet to see the effect of Trump’s AI Action Plan of last week, which produced executive orders on artificial intelligence: “Accelerating Federal Permitting of Data Center Infrastructure,” “Promoting the Export of the American AI Technology Stack,” and “Preventing Woke AI In the Federal Government.” Basically telling the AI companies themselves is to make sure their large language models promote a Trump-friendly view of the world. Will the key players produce two versions a USA and a rest of the world version of their LLM’s?
  12. I agree with both of you. Teaching pupils how to use AI responsibly presumes that we have teachers capable of teaching it. For every online platform, Sparxmaths, or ad laden language learning game of your choice, there are pupils that sit there with one tab on the topic, and another on Google already, and teachers don’t seem bothered about it. To a large extent, we already seem to be using ‘technical measures’ to assist what is really a classroom management issue by blocking games and other time wasting activities that could be considered ‘overblocking’. While behaviour can be managed at school, homework never looked so easy. Will it go back to being handwritten maybe?
  13. For the P*hub url, it depends on how the interstitial has been implemented - I wondered if anyone had tried it - so I don't have to....
  14. How long are you leaving it on "Preparing Windows"? Is there anything to indicate that there might still be activity? Before you run Windows Updates are all the correct drivers properly installed? I presume you have "update drivers" turned of in Windows Updates?
  15. Never install preview updates as they are really only a “beta” with content that may or may not make it into the following month’s cumulative update. Wait until the verified production version is issued next month. You should be able to roll it back. If you use WSUS, and I assume WFUB (maybe someone else can confirm?), “update previews” are never offered.
  16. Interesting read - Project Vend: Can Claude run a small shop? (And why does that matter?) https://www.anthropic.com/research/project-vend-1
  17. Has anyone tried the very lame and almost pointless testfiltering.com since the new Online Safety Act requirements came into force on Friday? From here: https://testfiltering.com/faq/. “Troubleshooting” You can see that all the tool does is check whether 4 testfiltering urls and one hosted url can be accessed or not. Nothing more than that. There’s not even any swearing on the Offensive Language test page, it is just a very basic url checker such that the test could be passed without any actual “filtering” product implemented at all. However, I’m curious to know if the Pornographic Content test still works or now redirects to an Age Verification check to access the domain, as if the test really was testing to achieve a genuinely valid result, it probably should?
  18. Something about Trump signing an Executive Order affecting US AI providers that might want to sell their product to, or receive funding from, the US government that could cause bias. Can’t really say more or link because politics, but there’s plenty of comment on the interwebs.
  19. Marketing FUD from Virtue Technologies - noted that it wasn’t from your insurer…
  20. Old skool, I had to provide a similar setup for a Primary pupil who had their own laptop. At that time we used RealVNC. I note that there is a RealVNC app for iPad. Having said that, this was sometime ago and it’s likely not the best way to do it these days.
  21. After reporting most of these to Netsweeper yesterday, they are all showing as category "Copywrite Infringement" this morning.
  22. I ran this earlier on a random film on the .co domain https://urlscan.io/result/01981a01-7ddb-7777-b5bd-561c0e22fbe2/#summary This is the home page https://urlscan.io/result/019819f9-8eca-7148-9723-3bfc9f68de8e/#transactions
  23. The .co domain is behind Cloudflare, so that’s probably the case.
  24. and the mirrors? https://kisskh.co https://kisskh.do/ https://kisskh.com.pl https://freehd24.site/drama/ https://kisskh-co.bitbucket.io https://kiss-kh.my/ https://kissasia.me/ https://kisskh.asia/ Downloadable apps: https://kisskh.at/ They all seem to have different streaming sources and players.
  25. I believe SWGfl offer their BitDefender price to all schools, its just Sophos they don't/can't. Softcat seem to be OK at finding "offers". I have purchased the Trend Micro Enterprise product with a BOGOFF (3 years for the price of 2) from them when that was available in the past when other options were either unsuitable or too expensive.
×
×
  • Create New...