Tried it from two different spec machines (oddly both with Adobe Acrobat) one XP one Vista with the same problem. However we have tried it on a machine without Acrobat and it doesn't work. Also I have just tried ANTOHER machine with the same problem.
I had seen some issues relating to acrobat but I have yet to install the PDF maker plug in. Whilst the document is most likely to have been opened on a machine with acrobat it occurs on all machines. It also goes wrong when the document is opened off the original CD on machiens with and without Acrobat.
Resizing the picture has no effect also.
The balck boxes occur on the print out but they occur on screen before printing (and with different printers selected)
Have just tried opening in on an Office XP machine and it works, save as .Docx no problems so far, try it on an Office 07 and the black boxes are back.