-
Posts
1,403 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by dgsmith
-
I never received an email acknowledgement when I submitted the form - was my request even entered? Did you even receive it?
-
When a submit button on a form is clicked, the form does what it needs to with the relevant info but is there a way to extract the link or the config it uses when submitted? Example: </pre><form method="post" name="Form1" action="/page"> etc.. < the associated link of this (I think) would be http://www.site.com/page?action=doaction&name=NAMEINPUT. This is rather simple but what I am working with is a bit more complex with checkboxes in the form that it checks. I've tried to explain best I can, but really I just want to know what parameters are being passed when the submit button is clicked.
-
If you don't mind me asking, how much and where?
-
How long ago was this, as it seems to contradict some replies here and also what I am reading online? I have yet to contact HP as I want to at least have some confidence that there is a chance they'd change it, regardless as to who bought it (also as there is a lack of paperwork for it too!)
-
Just seen this on HP site.. Although HP have never asked for proof of purchase when dealing on refurb/2nd hand desktops or monitors, so would it not be the case for switches? Netgear can be a PITA about this and NG is the only switch manufacturer we've ever had to raise an RMA with (multiple times)!
-
It's practically unusable though and certainly not suited to primary kids! This was mentioned about 2yrs here but unfortunately barely any progress has been made and it's still a very buggy, crashy alpha product. To be honest, i'd just stick with movie maker initially until/unless they get more proficient.
-
We have 1 or 2 HP switches bought from a refurbisher about 2yrs ago, admittedly because they where cheap though they where 2nd hand and obviously we weren't the owners "from new"! One is showing some signs of trouble though I don't know whether HP's "lifetime" warranty covers hardware that is not purchased from an actual reseller? Not a huge loss if we can't claim as didn't cost much but I wondered if anyone has experience of trying (successful that is)? I have definately done it for PCs and Monitors bought 2nd hand when they have gone tits up and HP on these occasions never asked for proof of purchase etc.
-
[for sale] Brother Laser Printer Drums - boxed & sealed
dgsmith replied to sonofsanta's topic in Classified Adverts
Yeah sorry when I said cash I meant it as a general term, as opposed to "taking them off your hands, for free", as noone would be daft enough to send cash in the post I'll send you a PM. -
[for sale] Brother Laser Printer Drums - boxed & sealed
dgsmith replied to sonofsanta's topic in Classified Adverts
Are these all OEM are compatible? Would we have to arrange our own courier (if you packed them)? I'll offer cash for all the DR3100s if they're OEM.. -
Intranet access off domain requires authentication
dgsmith replied to dgsmith's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Ok, so disabled anon auth for the specific folders that require a more local-level, however in the case of MRBS, with anon auth disabled, it again works fine for domain users but for standalone/non-domain access, it pops up a server credentials box (obviously the users cannot auth directly with the intranet server) and because of this, it prevents access to actually getting to the MRBS area. Still rather confused! -
We have a HP Colour Laserjet 2550 printer that has either had a new formatter board fitted at some point or had an NVRAM (deep level reset) done at some point; it's been stored for some time and we simply don't know/can't remember what the background is. Does anyone know how to restore the main settings/info for the printer (this is specifically the serial number and page count, the former which is on the back of the printer anyway so we know what this should be and we have notes of the page count from when this was done). The printer operation isn't affected but would be nice if we could get this info registered back again. Can't seem to find anything when googling (but plenty of info how to clear it(!))
-
Intranet access off domain requires authentication
dgsmith replied to dgsmith's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Or not.. Seems that enabled anon auth throws back 500 errors to domain users on authentation-based areas of the intranet. For example, we use MRBS and when I enabled anon auth the intranet worked except for this, which when loading gave a 500 access error. I disabled anon auth again and it worked.. Not sure how to get around that?? -
Intranet access off domain requires authentication
dgsmith replied to dgsmith's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Something so simple, something so effective, thanks -
As most, we run an internal intranet server which is accessed by all as the home page. This only works fine for users connected, and accessing via their domain account login (domain networked clients). Some staff use standalone laptops and in these cases we map network drives, printers etc manually but when they try and access our intranet site it asks them for a username/password (from the intranet server, not their domain one). Anyone any idea why this is or how we'd resolve it?
-
Well, if you have nothing or are utterly desperate they'll provide the means to operate a functional network (for a time, at least). I believe they are closely related, if not the same brand, as Planet, which fortunately we only have a handful of left. I compare LevelOne to having a 3 wheeled Reliant car - hardly anyone has them now and anything is better than it, but it'll get you through if there is nothing else. From our experience at least (of LevelOne/Planet)!
-
Yes. No. Yes. In a nutshell
-
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I did a search for 30kg couriers on ebay and messaged a few asking whether they'd accept "up to 40kg" (to be on the safe side), and managed to negotiate £21.50 all in (taxes, fuel etc). Pretty good I think! I had never noticed that there are some local and national couriers who advertise on ebay with pretty decent rates to thanks for the heads up! I have used parcelmonkey a few times for smaller <25kg items and tend to use citylink here, though I wasn't getting any less than £60 for the above!
-
I've used parcel monkey and parcel2go a few times for sending items on ebay that are a little bulky (as they are cheaper than royal mail on bigger items) however I can't seem to find a courier cheap enough to send (or indeed, arrange with a buyer to buy) large, bulky printers. Cheapest on these sites is £50+VAT although I know for certain it is cheaper than that. For instance, the large Konica Minolta printers are so heavy some couriers refuse! Can anyone offer suggestions who they use or what they expect it'd cost for items 35kg+?
-
Backing up your data - what's the best method?
dgsmith replied to boolyn's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
Our new server uses new groundbreaking technology for us.. RDX (effectively hard drive cartridges in an ejectable drive)! Still, every other server still uses tape due to upgrade costs and unable to justify when the tapes still serve the purpose. -
Well, this particular extension has the blue pairs (obviously) and the orange pairs connected (and only works with both pairs connected), but I still don't know which of the two we need! Sounds like we should be using PABX but I don't know if getting PSTN one would make any difference or cause it not to work..
-
No no, it's in an office! It's just a simple office extention which routes through to the main switchboard, with an RJ45 next to it for the office computer. I wouldn't dream of touching the master socket - not that daft! So i'll need to get a PABX one then? I don't know what the difference is, as I thought a BT socket was just that, all the same! They all wire the same anyway..
-
I'm looking at changing a BT socket on a wall to a modular style one (to fit next to an RJ45 in the same plate) and have found some on ebay, however they look identical but one is listed as PSTN and the other PABX. The only info I can find is that one is public one is private, but no idea how that helps us! This socket currently is a very old-style, typical BT socket you'd find installed in your house about 15 years ago, so nothing fancy. It has a digital phone connected to it on our own internal phone network (not IP or anything like that)! I don't want to get the wrong type of module! Maybe someone could advise which one we need?
-
Hasn't this just been discussed recently in this thread here, with a solution that actually works??
-
Would be good if it could actually be added to a basket Seems it's no longer available but still listed..
-
Good for you - some of us have no money and thus can't afford ANY SSD drives at all...
