Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Tricky

Members
  • Posts

    37
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tricky

  1. Okay I've figured something out. Following along the lines of the Youtube embed code must have changed, this website allows you to generate the old embed code. If I use that website and select 'v1 player' then the embed code works within Powerpoint! So the 'old embed code' option in Youtube, isn't the same as this.
  2. Thanks for this - but I'd rather not install codec packs unless necessary. It also should, and did work without.
  3. We are using the 'old embed code' for Youtube already - although still seems possible the embed code is at fault. Anyone got any embed code I could test?
  4. Hi, I have a member of staff that has been using the Powerpoint 2010 feature of embedding web video (youtube in this instance) directly into Powerpoint. I'm told until recently this worked fine, but now when you try and play the embedded clip a popup appears from Windows Media Player that says "To play the selected item, you must install a later version of Adobe Flash Player". What I've tried (all with same Youtube clip); - You use the Youtube embed code with Powerpoint, so I saved that code locally and opened it in a browser to test the embed code, and that worked fine - In Media Player I went to Open URL and pasted the Youtube URL and it worked. - In Powerpoint, using "Link to a video file on a web site", copy the same embed code in and it just adds a black box to powerpoint, which gives the error above when you try and play it. So given that the embed code is fine, and Media Player can play the Youtube flash fine... I'm at a loss as to the solution. We're running Windows 7 x86, latest Adobe Flash Player. Any tips would be gratefully received.
  5. I just checked a couple of the TVs and they do have a serial port so this might be possible - are you aware of any software to control the TV over serial?
  6. They are just regular lcd/plasma TV's connected via VGA cable, so doubt they have serial connections on the back, will double check. I did wonder if I could connect an IR emitter to the PC, but don't know what software could make this possible.
  7. I'm liking the lo-fi option, but some of the TV's power on into standby. I know the LG will power on into the state it was in when it powered off, so will work most of the time.
  8. Hello, We have a number of regular TV's that are used for digital signage around the school, and would like to somehow schedule them to turn on and off. I know there are more elaborate solutions such as Crestron IR emitters but the kit they connect to is rather OTT to setup around the school for individual TV's. Are there any cheaper solutions people have found? Thanks
  9. ** To answer my original question, the company is not dead - they were just having email issues. Unfortunately that was the only point of contact they offered on their website. I'm taking a further look at MRBS, is there a way to import free timetables from SIMS? I found this, but it's quite an old thread.
  10. This Sharepoint Resources Booking system looked quite promising depending on the cost but can't get any reply them. Can't post links but it's, sharepointforschools.co.uk Does anyone have any insight on this company?
  11. Has anyone figured out why they don't support IE? I've looked at the Google Frame MSI and GPO settings which seems fine, albeit a bit drastic to support one website. Not managed to find anything on their site about their plans for IE support.
×
×
  • Create New...