uffy2000
Members-
Posts
165 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by uffy2000
-
We have students who need the exams read out to them. there is a piece of software on the PC's to do this.With that GPO Would I be able to run both at the same time. I.e locked into the exam with this software/toolbar running aswell?
-
I have GP doing folder redirect for desktop and documents. Also locking out shortcut keys and run etc. any idea of a software or client on machines that can lock users into 1 application?
-
Hi I was asked an interesting question this morning that has stumped me. I was asked if its possible to disable everything (applications, windows etc) except for a certain application that the students are doing a test on. I have had a look on google but haven't really seen anything that fits the bill? Has anyone any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance!
-
thanks a lot for this info.
-
HI All So im trying to implement a solution for backup that will backup daily and will do system state including serveral Hyper-v vm's I have in place SCDPM for local backups but im getting a few issues with the snapshots as its backing up to a iSCSI sinology NAS. so im looking for maybe something cloud based that can do all of this and just do away with local back ups. its sounds to be by a lot easier and would encompass disaster recovery. IM looking to backup between 500GB-1TB All ideas welcome. Thanks
-
Thanks Nick. I just found out that if you go into my files and try logging out from there is works.
-
Hi Just upgraded to V10 of hap and seem to be getting the below error when I try to log out. Server Error in '/hap' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$body$ctl00$htmlannouncement=" Initial content Description: ASP.NET has detected data in the request that is potentially dangerous because it might include HTML markup or script. The data might represent an attempt to compromise the security of your application, such as a cross-site scripting attack. If this type of input is appropriate in your application, you can include code in a web page to explicitly allow it. For more information, see Request Validation in ASP.NET. Exception Details: System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$body$ctl00$htmlannouncement=" Initial content Source Error: [No relevant source lines] Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\hap\55cd546f\70e6ba5a\App_Web_3prl0zdb.0.cs Line: 0 Stack Trace: [HttpRequestValidationException (0x80004005): A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$body$ctl00$htmlannouncement=" Initial content System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String value, String collectionKey, RequestValidationSource requestCollection) +12689689 System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateHttpValueCollection(HttpValueCollection collection, RequestValidationSource requestCollection) +203 System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() +12693238 System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) +146 System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +129 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +12659043 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +12658553 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +119 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +99 ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\hap\55cd546f\70e6ba5a\App_Web_3prl0zdb.0.cs:0 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +913 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +165
-
Hmm nick that error as mentioned earlier, does that stop the Mapped drives from showing in My Files when I log into HAP
-
Hi Nick Thanks for this info. So I just need to assign a drive letter that is not in use i.e. M. Is it the group builder determine who gets the drive?
-
Should have been more specific.. StrangeOpossum could you not create a VM and then re-install HAP on that?
-
is it possible to create a VM for HAP
-
Hi Nick Is it possible to setup the mappings so that students see certain Drive mappings and Staff certain Drive Mappings when they log in?
-
so I just have to purchase licencing for RDS and then publish the apps I want and then put that into the URL field on a new tile in HAP?
-
has the V10 update been release yet?
-
Hi As I know people have already setup RemoteApps and RDS for HAP+ on here before. Im wondering what licencing I require so that I can use RemoteApps with HAP+ or what licencing others have got for HAP+ to use RemoteApps? Thanks in advance! uffy2000
-
just a quick query here, when you are changing the setup.aspx page are your going to the AD tab and typing in the administrator password so that a green tick shows when you edit anything on any of the Tabs.
-
I have now managed to get user home areas to Map. How to I specify that certain users get certain mapped drives for instance. teachers get a teachers drive and students get a student drive, but I don't want the students to get the teachers drive I assume I do this through the read/write groups? Im also getting this when I enter the drive An error occurred in Home Access Plus+ Page: System.ServiceModel.Web The formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: There was an error while trying to deserialize parameter HAP.Web.API:drive. The InnerException message was 'There was an error deserializing the object of type System.String. The token ':' was expected but found ','.'. Please see InnerException for more details. System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.NetDispatcherFaultException: The formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: There was an error while trying to deserialize parameter HAP.Web.API:drive. The InnerException message was 'There was an error deserializing the object of type System.String. The token ':' was expected but found ','.'. Please see InnerException for more details. ---> System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: There was an error deserializing the object of type System.String. The token ':' was expected but found ','. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The token ':' was expected but found ','. at System.Xml.XmlExceptionHelper.ThrowXmlException(XmlDictionaryReader reader, String res, String arg1, String arg2, String arg3) at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.XmlJsonReader.SkipExpectedByteInBufferReader(Byte characterToSkip) at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.XmlJsonReader.ParseStartElement() at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.XmlJsonReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlBaseReader.ReadElementContentAsString() at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.JsonStringDataContract.ReadJsonValueCore(XmlReaderDelegator jsonReader, XmlObjectSerializerReadContextComplexJson context) at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.JsonDataContract.ReadJsonValue(XmlReaderDelegator jsonReader, XmlObjectSerializerReadContextComplexJson context) at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.DataContractJsonSerializer.InternalReadObject(XmlReaderDelegator xmlReader, Boolean verifyObjectName) at System.Runtime.Serialization.XmlObjectSerializer.ReadObjectHandleExceptions(XmlReaderDelegator reader, Boolean verifyObjectName, DataContractResolver dataContractResolver) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Runtime.Serialization.XmlObjectSerializer.ReadObjectHandleExceptions(XmlReaderDelegator reader, Boolean verifyObjectName, DataContractResolver dataContractResolver) at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.DataContractJsonSerializer.ReadObject(XmlDictionaryReader reader, Boolean verifyObjectName) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractSerializerOperationFormatter.PartInfo.ReadObject(XmlDictionaryReader reader, XmlObjectSerializer serializer) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractJsonSerializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeParameterPart(XmlDictionaryReader reader, PartInfo part) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractJsonSerializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeParameterPart(XmlDictionaryReader reader, PartInfo part) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractJsonSerializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeParameters(XmlDictionaryReader reader, PartInfo[] parts, Object[] parameters, PartInfo returnInfo, Object& returnValue) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractJsonSerializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeBodyCore(XmlDictionaryReader reader, Object[] parameters, Boolean isRequest) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractJsonSerializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeBody(XmlDictionaryReader reader, MessageVersion version, String action, MessageDescription messageDescription, Object[] parameters, Boolean isRequest) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.OperationFormatter.DeserializeBodyContents(Message message, Object[] parameters, Boolean isRequest) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.OperationFormatter.DeserializeRequest(Message message, Object[] parameters) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DemultiplexingDispatchMessageFormatter.DeserializeRequest(Message message, Object[] parameters) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.UriTemplateDispatchFormatter.DeserializeRequest(Message message, Object[] parameters) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.DeserializeInputs(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractJsonSerializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeParameterPart(XmlDictionaryReader reader, PartInfo part) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractJsonSerializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeParameters(XmlDictionaryReader reader, PartInfo[] parts, Object[] parameters, PartInfo returnInfo, Object& returnValue) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractJsonSerializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeBodyCore(XmlDictionaryReader reader, Object[] parameters, Boolean isRequest) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DataContractJsonSerializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeBody(XmlDictionaryReader reader, MessageVersion version, String action, MessageDescription messageDescription, Object[] parameters, Boolean isRequest) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.OperationFormatter.DeserializeBodyContents(Message message, Object[] parameters, Boolean isRequest) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.OperationFormatter.DeserializeRequest(Message message, Object[] parameters) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DemultiplexingDispatchMessageFormatter.DeserializeRequest(Message message, Object[] parameters) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.UriTemplateDispatchFormatter.DeserializeRequest(Message message, Object[] parameters) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.DeserializeInputs(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
-
I have changed the URL on the email so that is ok. How do I add RDP to the tiles on HAP?
-
Or can anyone point me to some instructables on how to add mappings? or any of these other things.....
-
Hi So I have finally got HAP+ working. I'm now looking to get this fully integrated. so I need to some help. 1. I cant seem to get the mappings to map network drives and is it possible to have different mappings for students and staff? 2. how to i get SIMS as an app in the HAP tiles 3. We use office365 and to log into this we go to https://login.microsoftonline.com. how do i get the email tile to open that link??? Thanks uffy2000
-
re-built the virtual server and tried again used BOTH the instructions.pdf and the HAP video. working with both of these and after getting a wild card certificate and some DNS changes I no longer get the Black X's of doom (as I called them)!
-
Theo, I know this is totally off topic here but do you have any guidance on setting up DPM? SQL setup etc and do you use any of the other packages i.e SCCM
-
Hey Y'All I have been tasked to setup remote access for staff, so ive a had a look around and found a couple of packages that sound perfect, the only problem is I have never set them up before so im looking for a how to or some information on how to set it up and how it works. I had a look at HAP+ because im looking to deploy access to the Students (KS3 + KS4) aswell but I haven't had much success with it at the moment, so im setting up Direct Access so that at the least the staff can access the network from home. Thanks Uffy2000
-
When I created the site in IIS I didn't leave it as the default (localhost) I changed the Host Name and site name to sitename.co.uk
-
https://localhost/hap/style/basestyle.css - this doesent work on the server at all and comes up with a 505 error https://localhost/hap/api/setup, - this does not work either and is coming up with a 505 error aswell https://localhost/hap/api/setup/help - this does not work unless I put in the domain name and not localhost. (I used https://hap.domain/hap/api/setup/help and it works .)
