Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Lorfarius

Members
  • Posts

    111
  • Joined

Everything posted by Lorfarius

  1. There was another user listed in there... tried it and.... I'm in!! Thank you sssooo much
  2. Managed to do the above and launch the 2012 console through the local SYSTEM account but still throws up the same error in the first post. Can't get into it at all
  3. Make sure that you add the following sites to your network whitelist, as well as your browser’s trusted sites, as if one of these sites is blocked in your school, it may prevent certain resources from being played to their full capacity in ALDS. The trusted sites need to be added on your browser’s settings, while the whitelist needs to be added at a network level. http://www.activeteachonline.com https://idp.activeteachonline.com/ https://www.resources.activeteachonline.com http://www.pearsonactivelearn.com http://www.resources.pearsonactivelearn.com
  4. No, just opens the console and shows the above error message
  5. Whenever I try this pops up saying the administrators account has insufficient permissions: I can't access the security section or any part of the console so a bit stumped. Can anyone offer some advice?
  6. It was the agent, had broken itself during install so just had to strip it all off (even folders as its uninstall option is a bit poor). Reinstalled and it popped right back up.
  7. Bit of a weird problem as SIMS has installed perfectly. Going through the Solus console I can tick the box for Discover and select the client.... but where it usually asks for admin details it does nothing. Going to the main console I can see Discover listed with no version number and going to the Solus3 agent on the client PC it shows it there waiting for download (again with no version number) but then fails when I try to download it saying no agent. Not sure what to do any suggestions?
  8. Well they replied to me. Basically telling me to use a completely different browser: 1. Make sure to disable your pop-up blockers. -ActiveLearn/ActiveTeach make use of pop-up windows which is why if your blocker is enabled, you will not be able to open the Activebooks. 2. Use the up to date versions of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome -We strongly suggest the use of these browsers as we have tested our site to run best with these browsers. 3. Clear cache -If you are already using our preferred browsers, please clear the cache and cookies to refresh the browser and its' history.
  9. We are under the vast umbrella of Capita for our internet filtering and having a bit of an issue with ActiveLearn. When a student logs in it opens a page to Pearsonactivelearn.com which I've added as a keyword/URL on the allow list but it just white screens with no error message. Has anyone had any issues and knows a solution?
  10. Issue resolved! Needed to Enable Font downloads under Internet Security settings.
  11. That worked! Thanks
  12. I know it's ages ago but I'm having similar issues... did you fix it in the end?
  13. Bit of a strange issue: Updated the main proxy address for school users the other day and ever since all of the icons have disappeared in 365 (Flash seems to have stopped working as well on other sites). Double checked and the URLs have been added to the allow list on our web filter, could it be something in Security settings? Makes it unusable but not sure how to fix, any ideas?
  14. It will not let me past the bit with connection test. All I can do is select Local which takes me through to the program but every single option is greyed out. I just tried giving them a call but can't even get through.
  15. Yep does nothing They are appalling not reply to support requests, it's been outstanding for 3 days! I tried doing it as local install but the next box that opens up doesn't let me set the Sims options in settings, all greyed out.
  16. So: http://xx.xx.xxx.xx: proxyshield.embc.uk.com:80
  17. Having huge problems doing the install! Gets to the stage where you put in the details including the proxy address but it all it throws back is: A connection test could not be completed. I've tried all different versions of the proxy including replacing it as an IP address but it doesn't make any difference. Been trying to contact their support for several days but they don't respond to messages and I've now got a cross finance department who want to have it up and running as they've lots of work to do with it. Can anyone offer any advice? I've tried running it on the server and my workstation as Admin but still the same connection issue.
  18. I've just installed this but doesn't work for me. VAMT 3.1 just doesn't recognise any of the keys I have for Win 10.
  19. That's not too bad. Thought it would be way more expensive, thanks! I've never had to swap one of these before. Is it a pain?
  20. We purchased a Dothill SAN back in 2013 and today a 600GB drive has failed just weeks past the warranty! Anyone have any idea how much a replacement is likely to cost off the top of their head?
  21. No, nothing so fancy. I'll have a look at Slack though.
  22. Just had a request in for the following with the preference to be free: Can we somehow set up an online book-club? We basically want a 'chat-room' or several chat rooms (or threads etc) so that kids can give their input on books. I'm assuming the best way forward is a forum but it needs to be monitored by a member of staff so not sure which is the best for non public access which they can monitor. Anyone run something similar or any suggestions of where to look? I tried Chatzy but that's a paid service for the more secure stuff.
×
×
  • Create New...