Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Millgate

Members
  • Posts

    1,594
  • Joined

Everything posted by Millgate

  1. That's correct Steve. If you have someone creating menus, ordering ect then yes, they will need a license. They describe it as anyone that uses a PC to do their job and works over 200 hours requires a license. There are grey areas which is why i always triple check with MS so if they say the don't need a license, then you have proof.
  2. Hi everyone, I had a meeting with MS about the new EES agreements when they first came out and they said you only have to license per full time member of staff that use a computer in their job. So for example, kitchen staff, gardeners ect don't need to have a license. However before i set up any agreement, i triple check with MS and record the call so it's bulletproof. Let me know if you need any info/prices Cheers Luke
  3. Hi Epsilon, Have you looked at EES agreements? What sort of agreement do you have in place at the minute? As you know, EES is lisenced per member of full time staff and seems to be the way that most places are going. If you have any questions about EES or any other agreements, just drop me a pm or an email and I'll be glad to help. Cheers Luke
  4. Dell's cover is good! The only issue some people have with them is their customer service. A few people say that they are slow to respond ect which is why a lot of people use a reseller like us. Plus we're a "Premier Partner" so we can beat there prices too. Let me know if you need anything Cheers Luke
  5. When Very first started, i suppose they were a bit on the expensive side but now they're very reasonable for what they are. If you want me to do you a comparison, just PM me with what you're looking for and quantities. :-)
  6. Morning! I'm another one who likes Very PC. One of the larger schools i supply absolutely swear by these. Cost effective and great support. We supply quite a lot of them. Popular choice!
  7. No problem mate. Just use my details below and I'll be happy to help. If/when he calls, just tell him to mention I've been speaking to you. All the best Cheers
  8. Hi chrbb, I personally have never heard of them but i just wanted to let you know that a lot of IT recycling firms will buy your old kit off you and then you can put that towards new kit or whatever you want. If you need more info, just let me know Cheers
  9. I've dropped you a PM. Thanks :-)
  10. Hi mate, You're not the only one jumping ship. Most schools either are looking at this now or at least talking about it. We deal with this and i can get our broadband specialist to give you a call tomorrow if you like? She can explain how it would effect you and even give you a comparison. Just let me know Cheers Luke
  11. Sent you a PM with details :-) Thanks
  12. It still seems a little off. Again, if you'd like me to do you a like for like quote, even just as a comparison, just PM me exactly what you've been quoted (just the part codes - you don't need to put the pricing on) and you could even use it to get your cost down! :-) Thanks
  13. Hi Sidewinder, I've sent you a PM. Sounds like you've been quoted quite a high price. I'll be happy to do you a comparison. Cheers Luke
  14. Hi 2097, Sounds like you have your answers but i just wanted to mention something to you. I know you said no annual renewal but have you had a look at the new EES agreements? A lot of my clients have signed up to these as they are really cost effective as you only license per member of full time staff. Let me know if you need anymore info or pricing. Cheers
  15. Hi Chris, I can help you with this. I've dropped you a PM Cheers
×
×
  • Create New...