Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Flatpackhamster

Members
  • Posts

    632
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Flatpackhamster

  1. Well I've been playing it on and off for a week or so and I don't know what the whining is all about. I'm playing on a PC so I don't see the long load times and poor graphics. But multiplayer is good fun. Something that would have been fun would be the chance to race the remote control or full-size cars in multiplayer against other people. It's very linear but that's a console thing, isn't it?
  2. I think that you have analysed it incorrectly. This issue isn't about 'fairness'. It's about Labour's fetishisation of certain professions. Nurses, doctors and teachers all had huge pay rises under Labour. However the IT industry's salaries at the low end have hardly budged. When I started in IT in 2001 the typical salary for a 1-year experienced IT monkey was £16k. It's now about £19k. That's roughly a 20% rise in earnings in 10 years, which means that in real terms (including inflation) IT workers have seen their salaries fall. There are private sector pressures here too, particularly outsourcing by corporates of tech functions to India. By contrast nurses and teachers saw something like a 50% rise in income over 10 years and doctors a 200% rise in income. The main reason for this was that the largest public-sector unions bankrolled Labour. Britain's labour market is doing anything but heading towards a US system. By contrast, labour laws are so restrictive now that it's very hard to fire someone, and almost impossible in the public sector.
  3. That I couldn't tell you. I've only had black ants in my garden.
  4. You need some Nippon from Vitax. Stick 'Nippon ant killer' in to your search engine of choice and it should come up. I've used it plenty of times when the ants which live in the garden decide they'd quite like to move in to the house. Squirt a drop on the ground on the routes they follow. The ants collect it and take it down to the nest and feed it to the larvae. They go mental for it.
×
×
  • Create New...