Hey guys,
Over the Easter Hols, we have installed a new Admin server (Server 2008 R2) into one of our new schools. On The Admin domain, there are 6 Windows 7 PC's that use Sims, and one XP PC on the curriculum domain that also uses Sims.
I am coming accross a few different issues with this new setup, and I am wondering if anyone has any possible advice to remedy them....
I cannot seem to get the workstations to access the Document Managment Server. On the Server itself, the Test Server Connection Works, but all the workstations come up with the error "Server Not Working". I have tried both http and TCP, but with no difference
On the XP workstation, i can log into SIMS, but when we test it out and go to Focus/Assesment/Marksheet Entry, it takes about 2 minutes for it to do anything. Once done, it is fine for all the time you are logged in Sims.
Does anyone haver any advice on what permissions we should give Sims users so that they can use Sims hassle free on windows 7? I have already had to jump through hoops to get Sims to work, with logging in as local administrator and giving certain files full access for everyone...
it seems XP was a lot easier to get Sims to work on correctly....
Thanks All
Nick