Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Clockworks

Members
  • Posts

    37
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Clockworks

  1. Well, I'm an idiot....We were looking to migrate TO a new server with the updated version of the software. NOT to migrate AWAY from our current solution.....My bad everyone. =/
  2. - It will be somewhat mixed but Outlook for the most part. As in, our clients use both and we use Outlook and nothing else. - Windows Server 03 and soon to be 08 - About 200+ users but we are expanding in terms of company size and clientele so it will be more, most likely I thought Google Apps cost money, $50 a user per year.
  3. I would but....we are a for-profit company. I didn't know this was a forum for IT people in the educational field only...
  4. What do you guys use? We currently have IceWarp's Merak Mail Server 8.9 and looking to either upgrade it or migrate it to something else. Any recommendations? We host websites and sometimes the email for realestate companies (or regions of a company). All we want is the mail server, nothing extra (such as VoIP, SMS, or IM) that would increase the cost.
  5. Alright, we have about 20+ employees, small company. We don't have Exchange (sadly) and I'm in charge of automating just about everything here. How can I setup Outlook to create a profile based on how the user's credentials when he or she logs in? We are using POP3 and I also need to make sure the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" checkbox is checked. Wish we used exchange but that's several hundreds of dollars that we don't have. =/
  6. I'm looking for some insight as to what to focus my studies on and what to master; Linux, Unix, Mac, Windows, Cisco, among the many other things. I'm only 23 so relatively young into this field and extremely curious about the pros' insights. So far, my current job as a Network Engineer deals with a Windows environment (Server 03/08) so I have some experience with that. Thank you for your time as I know it's a rather broad question, sorry. =/
  7. Spiffy, got this thing working. Office is a bit of a pain to get it working the way I want it to but that's because we don't have a VLK (only 25 employees, growing very slowly). Thanks for helping out, everyone. I really mean that.
  8. Here's the issue: The current GPO is able to push out the old software out without a problem, and also doesn't let users uninstall it. This is perfect, this is what I want. However, as soon as I add any new software, the new one won't install. They all come from the same folder, same privileges, pretty much same everything but it still doesn't let me. I've done a gpupdate, restarted, made sure there weren't errors on the logs... I really don't know. =[
  9. Everyone has at least Read permissions.
  10. I want GP to auto-install some software (FF, Opera, Paint.net, among others) in case the user uninstalls it by accident or otherwise. Assigned to Computer, the machine itself, and the user logging on. Made sure to auto-install when he logs on, nothing worked. I looked in the event log and it somehow cannot find the network folder. However, I can see it perfectly fine on the machine after the test user logs on (he doesn't have admin rights either).
  11. I'm somewhat new to the IT world so bear with me. I'm trying to push out an MSI package over the network to a test user. I can assign it to the user and it installs ONLY if I select "Install this application at logon." Any other way and it won't work. Other problem, if the user uninstalls the application, it returns to the Add/Remove list but the program itself is MIA; as in, it doesn't appear in the Start Menu nor the Desktop, nothing in the Program Files folder (restarting or logging on/off doesn't do anything). I'm at wit's end here...:confused::(
×
×
  • Create New...