-
Posts
1,643 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ajbritton
-
Do you have coin operated web access AJ? Seriously though, was the utiltily you were thinking of called CMDOW. There's mention of it on the MSFN Unattend install CD site. Very funny CMDOW was not what I was thinking of, but it certainly looks like it can do the job. I've seen scripts which call CMDOW on their first line to hide themselves (CMDOW @ /HID), but I did not know it could be used as a launcher as well. edit: I tried it and it appears to work. Syntax: CMDOW /RUN /HID MyScript.CMD another edit: If you want it, get it from www.commandline.co.uk along with lots of other useful looking stuff!
-
Nath, try using a different drive letter. I've a funny feeling that MS use the Z: drive during the logon process (think it might be mapped to NETLOGON share on the PDC). I see the initial error relating to UNC paths on CMD based logon scripts as well so it's quite normal. I believe there is a utility somewhere on the net which can silence a CMD script. I'll have a look when I get change.
-
Watch out for IP address conflicts. Make sure your DHCP server is doing conflict testing before it hands out an address. Also, watch out for GUID conflicts. I don't recall ever having a GUID conflict on a Dell PC, but it could happen. You could try examining the following logs on the PCs that don't build correctly. Setup logs. In the build for your GX60, where are you placing the NIC PnP drivers?
-
Your mapped network drive will not exist when the scheduled backup runs. Remember that when the scheduler runs the backup, it creates its own logon session under the security context of the user you specify. It does NOT however run logon scripts or necessarily load a profile. You need to either specify UNC paths, or write a script which maps the drives and then kicks off the backup. Don't forget that the user account you use to run the backup will require network access. It's best to create your own account with the necessary group membership and user privs.
-
In theory, many users can open an Access DB as long as it is in shared mode. Having said that, the proper way to do this if you have to use Access is to split the DB into front and back ends. The back end database will contain the tables whilst the front end would contain all the queries, forms and reports. The front end DB contains links to the tables in the back end DB. Front end DBs can be loaded onto PCs and work more quickly. There used to be a wizard which would do all this automatically.
-
If you need to create so called 'response' transforms which answer the questions asked during setup, then you could try Wise Install Tailor, which looks like it's free.
-
Real Alternative and Quick Time Alternative all the way...
-
Wow! What an amazing system. It's got everything plus comics!!
-
I can't think of any piece of software that needs F8. Why not just destroy the F8 key on all your keyboards;-)
-
XmailHardDrive - Use GMAIL as a hard drive? I haven't tried it. I'm nervous about giving my password to a 3rd party. What does anyone think?
-
Unlocker is also mentioned on the Essential Software List
-
This is a great thread, but I hope nobody is going to start talking about going commando or anything!
-
Try Dominion / Mother Russia I know them well. I think the stuff on the earlier EPs was my favourite though. Reptile House and so on. For me it all went a bit downhill after the first album. Quite enjoyed The Mission though. Saw them at Sheffield Uni on what must have been one of their first tours and then again at Wembley a couple of years later. Crazy days.
-
Ahhh... the sisters... If there is a better song to jump around to whilst p**ed out of your head than Temple of Love, I have yet to hear it!
-
I'm waiting for the official GoogleDrive...
-
Allowing staff to change kids passwords
ajbritton replied to Simcfc73's topic in How do you do....it?
Googling for MMC TASKPAD brings up a few useful sites. -
Allowing staff to change kids passwords
ajbritton replied to Simcfc73's topic in How do you do....it?
Cool. I never played with Taskpads before. Now I have AD Users & Computers with built in RDP and VNC shortcuts! Nice one Quackers! -
DaemonTools has been rock solid for me. V3 install is MSI based so deployment is easy. DaemonScript lets you create scripts to mount the ISO, execute the app then dismount the ISO again.
-
The uploader/downloader app is interesting. You can use them to push files down on to a remote machine!
-
Well, they don't have any payment details from me so the worst they could do would be to cut off access to the data.
-
Well, there is a 100Mb per month download limit. Still handy for backup of some essential files though. I'm going to upload all my digital photos to it as an additional backup.
