googlemad
Members-
Posts
1,904 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by googlemad
-
Quite funny how there were so many fancy titled computer experts on the show over the years. I always used to love how it went 'And the winner with a Krypton Factor of 40 is the computer programmer from Hull, Joe Bloggs!'
-
Carr Manor primary school (Outside Leeds). They weren't struggling for someone as they do have the support of the high school which was pretty much next door! And I have really landed myself in it as I got a letter through the post this mroning advising me I have been selected for interview at another primary school!! (Although this one is in a ICT team IIRC). Trouble is, I don't have a copy of the job description or anything as I had to apply on that day to ensure my application got to them before the closing date! (So I just sent in a standard template for the particular council)
-
Any educational IT jobs I may have missed out on in the West Yorkshire area (Or anywhere that is not too hard to get to by public transport travelling from Castleford)? I think I've got all applied for the available ones I've seen, but I can only do so much hunting!
-
They didn't appoint anyone 8O Basically my IT skills were there but I didn't have the skills to support the children. Feel happier now I got the feedback
-
I didn't get the job. Which didn't surprise me as the other candidates all seemed to have strong experience of school work (One of them was going between 7 primary schools and came all the way from Hampshire for the interview! (250+ Miles and the same going back!)). I've got the qualifications, but not the experience (Thanks to the stupid training company I am on who seem to think qualifications are the end of the world!). I am looking for voluntary work but it dosen't help the bills get paid and since I've been unemployed since around the start of March
-
Well I've got an idea in my head that a few may have been eliminated before the interview room, I'll say why after the results. I find it highly annoying how companies bring all the candidates in at once! You try to hold a nervous conversation but this brings out all their qualities and you think 'oh bugger'
-
It went OK although I fluffed up the interview a little (They totally threw me as not one of the questions they asked I had planned for, the ones I had were not featured in the interview!) Regarding the tech questions it was the high school technician, just asked basic stuff on network problems and group policy issues. 5 candidates, and I think I was the only one there who didn't actually currently have a job! Now we have to wait a day or two as they won't be making a decision until everyones references check out
-
So the interview looms - Any tips on the 'classic' primary school questions to look out for (I've been interviewed for roles in high schools, colleges and universities but never primary!) Also if the deputy head has been doing all the technician work until this point, how likely is it they will throw in a few techie questions?
-
I'm on a training scheme who are paying for a lot of these exams (and the training, although I self taught myself the 270!) so not at the moment, although if I find a need during employment I could consider it. I do have Network+ Think I'm doing pretty well though considering I'm between the age of 18 and 19
-
I'm hoping to do my 218 and 290 soon which would give me MCSA status, although might take me longer to study for these as I could be in employment from next week and you don't really get server knowledge from small home networks
-
826 was the result I could go into a lot of detail about that exam, but I would be worried of the NDA. Just remember Microsoft like fires
-
3pm tomorrow I should hopefully be fine with the content, hopefully it dosen't have too many 'Select x options. Each represent...' questions as those are the ones that usually throw me!
-
Mmm One of my references has today mentioned that the employer has been in touch seeking a reference from them! Never had this happen before, so I assume most companies would do this after selecting someone from the interview process. Any advantages/disadvantages to a company having my references before interview? (They're good references!)
-
Yea I'm on a training course (The way it runs is very complicated to explain) I have got a blue 270 book sat in front of me but it dosen't really help me.
-
Well one step closer...Got an interview next Monday Also found out I am not replacing an ICT technician, rather the deputy headmaster has been doing the job up until now!
-
Didn't do it yet, the company who are letting me do it won't let me anywhere near it until I get bang on 85% on one of the MeasureUp mock exams . I keep trying to tell them the actual pass rate will be 700 and I always perform worse in mocks but they are having none of it! Hoping to take it on Friday now
-
I should be taking my Microsoft 270 XP exam tomorrow...Any ideas on what I can expect? I know XP pretty much inside out but the command line switches are throwing me a little!
-
Out of the most recent exam I am preparing to take (270) I think about 5 pages of the 500 pages were useful information. The rest was just common XP knowledge or stuff I had covered before in the MCDST
-
If somebody could explain what the HELL SecDok is...
googlemad replied to googlemad's topic in General Chat
Haha! CV and Covering letter came back as 'Return to sender' in the mail today, nobody had even opened the envelope never mind looked at my CV. So in a way they scammed me into buying a first class stamp for nothing -
If somebody could explain what the HELL SecDok is...
googlemad replied to googlemad's topic in General Chat
Right I've found out it is a scam "As with all L'Amie certificates, assessment is comprised of a mixture of online tasks and exams. A score of 100% is required for all online tasks and exams before a certificate can be awarded. All tests/tasks can be repeated indefinitely until a pass is obtained. " http://cert.lamie.org/ Sorry but 100% scores on every exam and task? I don't think so! -
I'm guessing you're at Zenos (May be totally wrong there). I did my MCDST and got around 98% on the first part and around 79% for the second part. Although the second part was done very early on a Monday morning and I had done bugger all reading up on it! I should be jumping into my 270 next week then the 2 server modules required to become a MCSA.
-
Sigh...Found a rather interesting data entry job the other day with incredibly good pay (£10/hour) along with the advantage of working from home! Sent off my CV and just got the bad news: Dear Applicant, after carefully considering your application we regret to inform you that we are unable to consider your application at this time due to your inexperience with SecDoK configuration of Windows XP platform. Should you be able to demonstrate greater experience with the SecDoK secured platform we may reconsider your application at a future date. A good starting point would be http://www.secdok.co.uk Regards Human Resources SecDok is a totally new thing to me and I've been using Windows XP since Beta 1 when it was known as Whistler! The website dosen't exactly provide a wealth of information either . From what I could tell it is basically just a custom way of Windows Update and using built in Windows XP tools to optimize performance! Grr. This one is really baffling me
-
Woohoo! Sent the application form off today (It was one of those annoying ones where it asks for Skills, Knowledge and Experience on one page followed by the Additional Information page where I end up providing the exact same information in a different way!) Hopefully this job is the one destined for me
-
Well done! I'm in the same situation as you minus the 'getting a job' bit - Like you say I could do the job all day long but I have no experience so they offer the job to someone with more experience! Argh... Where are you in the UK? Norton Ghost etc are the usual suspects in my book for imaging, but it all depends on how many different configuration of computers are used around the school.
-
I've found a vacancy at a local primary school However even though it is advertised as ICT Technician, it seems they want me to manage the whole school network (Including servers). Being a primary school I really can't see it being that fancy, so would I get through with a few MCPs under my belt? (I'm planning to take MCSE ASAP but it dosen't happen overnight!) Also why do they want me to have good First Aid knowledge?!
