Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

tmleafs

Members
  • Posts

    39
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tmleafs

  1. Does anyone have any updates on the 400 schools that took legal action?
  2. Thanks for this but this still doesn't seem to do what the head wants for iOS, android does as you can force a user to authenticate work profiles app using MDM. iOS just makes sure their main PIN is good I guess, or I'm I missing something?
  3. I thought our school had turned a corner during covid allowing us to setup Edulink, moving to Google Workspace including email to Gmail and terminal server for home access This week leadership is worried about people having access to Gmail and Edulink if a personal mobile got into the wrong hands. I have already disabled the Google login button on Edulink so they have to type their username and password. But on iOS there is no Face/Touch ID for Gmail, but there is on Google Drive. Android you can lock down the work profile so is a non-issue. How does your school manage this or are you like me this is a non-issue everyone's phone already has a PIN, Pattern, fingerprint, or Face locks on their phones getting into the "wrong hands" is a teacher giving their phone to a child to watch youtube or game a game.
  4. Could you post what you did to fix this please
  5. Yup wanted to order stuff yesterday. Spoke to them on there facebook page they blamed school budgets cuts as which means schools are ordering less, they mentioned amazon and other sites undercutting them which I don't believe. They tweeted on the 14th August they had a huge delivery of stock We normally do a order first week back of servisol products, batteries, headphones and more. Anyone know of alternatives so far I have found canford which does the servisol products we like and has batteries too, but as you said we liked the cheap odds and sods
  6. Got it working. I have added two additional accounts, which I believe should have full access to youtube right? But they don't still can only watch education videos.
  7. What version of dans are you running. I put everything like you said and not working, in fact I was very close to what you put.
  8. Have you or anyone had any luck???
  9. Got Office 2010 though the new EES licensing. We haven't had any new Microsoft products since office 2000 and windows XP so KMS is all new to me. Set up a KMS server yesterday and activated the 5 minimum office clients so that's all working. The question I would like answered is what's the best way to activate office 2010 when using sysprep. We image the computer rooms quite alot with new software and/or tweaks maybe 2 or more times a term. I believe the way is to install office on the image and not activate but I would like to make sure before I do something silly. Will KMS bitch about anything if I keep re-imaging the computers and activating Office? Cheers
  10. less than 10 seconds Mandatory profile with redirected documents
  11. I started from the beginning by using nlite. It removes the features from xp not just turn them off. When I started here 2 years ago the image was 15GB it currently is less then 8GB with more software installed. Their is a nice tutorial somewhere that gives loads of useful information on nlite. You can also add SATA drivers and other drivers to make installing easier and slipstream sp3 and other updates.
  12. I have even copied a config.ini from a working image still does it. I have made 3 new images since posting the problem they all work fine. Will give the DNS trick a try if not will just have to make a new image i guess.
  13. I have made like loads of images for fog in the 6 months of having it. But there is one image (For the teachers) that will do this in the client log file. 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::DisplayManager Sleeping for 1 minute. 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::UserCleanup Attempting to connect to fog server... 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::UserCleanup Failed to connect to fog server! 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::UserCleanup The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required. 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::UserCleanup at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address) at FOG.UserCleanup.doWork() 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::UserCleanup Sleeping for 1 minute. 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::HostRegister Attempting to connect to fog server... 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::HostRegister Failed to connect to fog server! 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::HostRegister The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required. 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::HostRegister at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address) at FOG.HostRegister.registerHost() 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::HostRegister Sleeping for 1 minute. 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::DirCleaner Failed to connect to fog server! 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::DirCleaner The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required. 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::DirCleaner at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address) at FOG.DirCleaner.doWork() 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::DirCleaner Sleeping for 1 minute. 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::GreenFog Attempting to connect to fog server... 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::GreenFog Failed to connect to fog server! 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::GreenFog The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required. 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::GreenFog at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address) at FOG.GreenFog.doWork() 04/11/2009 13:02 FOG::GreenFog Sleeping for 1 minute. I dont understand how one image (Teachers image) gets a proxy error but if I put another image (Pupils image) on the same computer it works. The only difference is that the staff image has SIMS. I will just make a new image but I want to get to the bottom of the problem as I know this problem is well known but never been fixed.
×
×
  • Create New...