techman
Members-
Posts
48 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by techman
-
Using an LCD TV as an electronic noticeboard
techman replied to techman's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
@thelibrarian Thanks for the reply. How do I set up the auto-logon? -
Hello, Going to use an LCD TV as an electronic noticeboard and connect it to a Windows XP PC on the network. I want to update this noticeboard from other computers on the network. Will be using Powerpoint for this on the PC attached to the LCD TV. Will Remote Desktop in Windows XP work for updating the noticeboard from other PC's on the network? Or is there a better way e.g., other software etc.? Thanks, techman.
-
Thanks. Didn't see it.
-
Thanks, but I'm looking for one just like the Channel 4 show. Same clock with the theme music if possible?
-
Does anyone know is there an app you can download to your PC that shows the same Countdown clock and theme music as the Countdown clock on Channel 4? Would be nice to have.
-
Hello, I have Cakewalk Express Gold installed on an XP Pro laptop. When I open the application I get the following error: "Your computer has more than one CPU. This application has not been tested and sold for that configuration. Press ok to continue to your own risk. ok" If I select ok, the program runs fine but there is no audio out. Can't find any solution on the Cakewalk website. It's a new laptop. I know Cakewalk is a fairly old program but any way I can solve this?
-
Thanks for that Synack. I will try it out.
-
What exactly is a fat AP? Are these the standard ap's you can buy e.g., Linksys WAP 54G? I have a few of these that I want to manage rather than log in to each one to change the key for the network.
-
Can you suggest a piece of software to manage a few Wireless Access Points on a LAN? All I want to do is to be able to change the encryption keys on all the points centrally? We have all Linksys points. I contacted Linksys and they don't offer any management software.
-
We used Papercut - Software for print quota and print control management. Your print accounting and monitoring solution - PaperCut
-
We use Google Apps for student email and MS Exchange (on a separate domain) for Staff email. Both staff students can check their personal email accounts as well. The content of emails is not monitored.
-
Thanks for all the replies. I installed the notebook software but cannot make a connection to the whiteboard from the laptop. It's wireless connection and the notebook software cannot detect the board. I have noticed that when I first connect the wireless adapter to the board the light on the board goes green initially and then stays red. I have never set up one of these boards before.
-
Thanks. Is that the only software program I need?
-
I forgot to add in my original post that it is a Smartboard. I have never set up or used a whiteboard before and I just looking for the software I need to connect it to a Win XP notebook. What programs do I need from Smart - SMART - Downloads
-
Hello, Great site. I am looking for software for an interactive whiteboard. Will be connecting to just one laptop. Apart from Promethean Inspire, is there any other software you can get to work on an interactive whiteboard? I am looking for software for a board to be used in Music classes. Is there any subject specific software for these boards? Thanks.
-
Cannot Connect to a Panasonic Wireless Projector
techman replied to techman's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Installed WM v5.5 Basic. Problem solved. The new software detected that my laptop settings stopped connections with a projector. Thanks for the help. -
Cannot Connect to a Panasonic Wireless Projector
techman replied to techman's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Did you download the newer version or did you just get it with a new projector? -
Cannot Connect to a Panasonic Wireless Projector
techman replied to techman's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
I am using version 2.0 I tried searching the Panasonic website for any updates, couldn't find any. What is VNC by the way? -
That's great info. Thanks.
-
Think I'll go for one of these but I'm just wondering would I better off waiting until they come out with the latest N280 processor? linkaziod: is it difficult to do the XP Pro installation? Where can you download all the drivers? Thanks.
-
Has anyone tried installing XP Pro on an NC10?
-
I like the Samsung NC10. But I'd prefer one with XP Pro. Why don't they supply these netbooks with XP Pro?
-
Cannot Connect to a Panasonic Wireless Projector
techman posted a topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Hello, I have been using a wireless Panasonic projector for the last 3 years. Worked fine. Now I cannot connect to it. I am using an XP Pro laptop. I can make a wifi connection to the projector but when I launch the Wireless Manager software to fully connect to the projector, it says "unsendable". The projector just displays a blue screen. I have reinstalled the software, removed and set up the network connection, checked the firewall settings etc. I can connect all other laptops to the projector and it works fine. Is there anything else that I can check? Any ideas on what the problem might be? Thanks.
