-
Posts
151 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by techie211
-
Great, thanks
-
can I run this during work hours or will it congest my network?
-
Don't think I haven't thought of that already..lol but unfortunately that's not possible. Thanks for all the suggestions fellas. I will give those links a try -J
-
hey ppl, probably a dumb question but I just took on a new position and the tech before me didn't leave any docs. so no passwords/IP's for the Cisco switches we have here. Is there a tool that can pull that info, atleast the IP addy's so I can telnet instead of actually doing some work and going to the closets and console in? thx, -J
-
hey ppl, I've have 'My Documents' redirected to a network drive. In Windows explorer's path window, if I go back a few levels I and other users can see and access other users folders. I would like for only that logged on user to view only their folders and not all other user's folders. It's been a while since I've encountered this problem but I believe it was a permissions issue..??? Any help on this is appreciated -J
-
Hey ppl, we have one Mac server in a predominantly Windows network. One user with Windows 7 had a shortcut on her desktop pointing to the Mac share i.e.; \\\Sharename. She was able to access that folder but over the weekend we had a power outage and several servers rebooted including the Mac server. Not sure what changed if anything on the Mac end. I tried accessing the same folder from the Mac workstations and I can with no problem. So Mac users can access and Windows users CANNOT. I'm not sure what to check on the Mac server side. Any help on this is appreciated. -A
-
hey ppl, I'm looking for a solution to archive and was wondering what the you guys on here have implemented for your district. Wondering if I should go with an appliance or software based. Looking at a company called Sonasoft. I've read good things about them and they are a little more cost effective compared to say a Barracuda 350. We are hosting our own Exchange 2010 server and have about 1000 users. Any help on this is appreciated -J
-
I'm on a Win2008R2 box. that command does not work. I'm having a hard time finding the correct command
-
thanks! that will work. can I run this command for printer permissions?
-
hey ppl, I ran this command> C:\>setacl -on "\\\shared" -ot shr -actn list -lst f:tab > Sharefldr.txt but only got the NTFS permissions. I would like a list of all users and groups accessing this shared folder via shared properties. I've searched google but came up empty. Any help on this is appreciated. -J
-
hey ppl, I need a % count of the bandwidth usage on our school network at different times of the day. What would be the easiest way or which tool do you recommend? the new state exam requires this knowledge
-
...hey ppl, we are looking to invest in some new laptops and just wondering which vendor(Dell, HP) and model laptops you are using at your school. We are a Dell district and would like to stick with Dell but I've heard good things about HP and their ultra slim's with a 13.3" screen(I liked the Folio but they are discontinued:( ). Also I am looking to replace my current AV product. Would like to know what your are running for your district and some pro's and con's. I'm looking at Panda Security as one. Any help on this is appreciated. -J
-
Hey ppl, my exchange server went down and I needed a way to contact all my users letting them know the status of the server. Obviously I couldn't email them so I'm asking what some of you are using to alert(popup) the users of any updates, work etc that is being done. I could also just create a page on our district site and just direct them to that link for updates.??? any help is appreciated Ref: Servers: Win 2008 R2 Clients: Win 7 Pro Thin clients: Win 2008 Term Server -J
-
Update: found this little script that exports full name, group and email addresses. This should work if I just create a new DL and import these users?
-
hi ppl, I'm running Exchange 2003 w/Outlook 2010 clients. We have two schools(i.e; school 1, school 2) with each school having their own DL for teachers. I would like to combine school 1 and school 2 DL into one 'ex: both schools DL' to be able to only select the one DL for future bulk emails. Is this even possible? Do I create a Query-based Distribution Group and just add the DL's from school 1 and school 2? any help is appreciated -T
-
hey ppl, we just ordered 2 ipad carts with 30 ipads in each. just trying to get some feedback on which cases for the ipad some of you use. It has to work with the ipad and fit into the cart slot. Brand, pros/cons etc. thx
-
yes the laptops are joined to the domain if the laptop is wired the student account works.
-
hey ppl, I've created the new student accounts for the new year. All is well except when they try to logon to a wireless laptop. Anything wired, thin client, lab towers work just fine. Has anyone encountered this issue before? Any help is appreciated. NOTE: getting.."The user name or password is incorrect". <-- but it's not. accounts work otherwise. -J
-
so, is it not possible to bulk edit calendars listed in the Public Folders?
-
hey ppl, I have several "Public" calendars running off my Exchange 2003 box that users can access. I would like to know if there is a way to export an .xls or .csv to update these calendars or a certain calendar? When I run the wizard to export it defaults to the local Outlook calendar and I don't see the option for the other calendars under the Public folder??? All users are running Outlook 2010 btw. Any help is appreciated. -J
-
hey ppl, I setup a WDS server(2008 R2)and I'm able to PXE and enter my server name and then it asks for my username/password and then I select the 'image group' to store the image but once the image upload is complete I don't see it at the server under the image group I selected????????? what am I missing? The imaged computers have been sysprep'd. If I go to another computer to deploy the image I get a screen saying 'no images available' ??? thanks, -J
-
to Radius or not to Radius...that is the question
techie211 replied to techie211's topic in Wireless Networks
thanks for all the replies. Also, does the NPS need to be a DC or just a member server? -
to Radius or not to Radius...that is the question
techie211 replied to techie211's topic in Wireless Networks
thanks for the replys. I just don't feel comfortable the way our radius is setup. We're running 3 different CA's and I was told that's the only way the radius server will work with our wireless. Maybe that's true but I don't see why.??? I would like to keep using radius. Does anyone have a written up doc that show's step by step how to setup radius to work with wireless whether it be Meru or another vendor? -
hey ppl, I'm having quite a few problems with Meru working with a radius 2008 sever. Mainly slow authentication and drive mappings not showing up. I guess my question is, do I even need a radius server for security or otherwise to work with my Meru wireless? does having a radius server 'slow' things down like authentication? I would like to hear from users who have radius setup with Meru or any other wireless network for that matter. The pro's and con's of why a radius sever or why not. any help on this is greatly appreciated. Hopefully I can put this whole radius mystery to rest -Jr
