Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

hillskill

Members
  • Posts

    160
  • Joined

Everything posted by hillskill

  1. Its ok guys sorted it! Just in case anyone esle has the issue- here's the solution: On your computer, click the Windows "Start" button and then choose "Settings" and then "Printers." You should see the print driver for the "HP Laserjet P2015 series PCL 6" (or 5E.) Let's assume that you are using the PCL 6 for this example. Right-click the icon for this printer and then left-click "properties." Click on the "Device Settings" tab. Under the listing "Installable Options", there should be an entry for "Tray 3: Not Installed." Click on "Not Installed" and change it to "Installed" Now, under "Form To Tray Assignment", set Tray 3 to the type of paper that will be used (ex: letter.) Configure any other options, such as duplexing, as needed and then click the "OK" button.
  2. Hi Guys, Not sure if anyone will be able to help me with this but here goes. Recently purchased a new HP laserjet 2055N for our reception staff. They wanted a printer that could feed from 3 different trays i.e. the manual tray feed (tray1), the standard tray feed (tray2) and an additional tray feed (which would be tray 3). As a result I purchased the additional paper tray from HP which sits under the printer and clips on. I was hoping that the printer would see this as an addition tray. Unfortunatly it dosnt! Instead it simply see's it as an extension of tray 2 which means that when tray 2 runs out of paper it automatically feeds from the additional tray. I wondering if anyone knew whether it was possible to change the settings to get the printer to see 3 seperate trays rather than 2? I have had a look around the settings and RTFM but can't see anything obvious! Thanks in advance to any help!
  3. The Ferrers Specialist Arts College The Ferrers Specialist Arts College - Vacancies 25 hours per week, term time only. Full details on website.
  4. I would hope at least 28-32 k pa
  5. Yes you have to disable the HDD protection thing- cant remember what its called! Give Samsung support a ring- they are actually very helpful and helped me sort our issues with proxy server out
  6. Campion School - ICT Technician You will actually be employed by 3rd party company Dataspire but based at Campion school in bugbrooke,northamptonshire. The school is a thin client Citrix based managed network. The role will be doing all the hands on stuff like changing toner, pluggong cables back in, fixing mice etc. All the higher level support and development is done via remote desktop support. Still the role could be good for someone who wants and easy "un-taxing" job or someone just starting on their ICT career.
  7. Dataspire do offer a great solution which was way ahead of everything else about 2 years ago..but they are very expenisve and be carefull of their hidden charges especially in there ongoing support costs. RM\Ctrix Xenapp is coming out soon which could make the dataspire solution redundent as I rekon it will be better and most important of all be cheaper...
  8. Hi Guys, Does anyone have any suggestions for some free PDF doc creator software which is downloadable from the web? It dosnt have to be fancy- just something simple and easy to use. Will mainly be for converting office docs to PDF. Oh yeah and software that dosnt leave a watermark? Cheers in advance for any help!
  9. sorry... its still early!!! Cheers I'll check it out!
  10. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DWN959557 ??
  11. Hi all, Can anyone save me a lot of hassle and provide an MSI installation file for Audacity? I'm running a CC3 network. Thanks in advance.
  12. salary "to be discussed" like it!
  13. any news on what school this yet?
  14. do u know what school it is?
  15. 28k for senior tech in schools is very high- whats your nwmanager on? R u based near London?
  16. I'm at Network manager in sec school of 1200. Currently on 26K but hopefully moving to next scale in April which will push me up to around 28K. I'll be pretty happy with this going on what I have read here.
  17. 19 k for network manager role is really poor! 23-24K should be min (tho this aint that good either) Are you doing any day release training etc? It annoys me that schools can get away with this kind of pay!
  18. Thanks for getting back to me all. The screens have XP embedded installed on them. I have checked the dns settings and default gateway via network connections in control panel and all are correct... I am convinced that the software is something to do with why it wont connect to the web with a staic but dont see how? The address I am using is a reserved address and there are not any IP conflicts
  19. Yeah put the proxy settings in which work fine when it has a DHCP address but not a static one. But I know the static one is valid and okay as the address works fine in terms of pining the servers and rest of the internal network etc.
  20. I have been using the Magic Info I software which to be honest isnt too bad once you get used to it! I found the pro version unusable! Did you have any issues with the screens connecting to the network? We have the Samsung 400MXN-2 ones. As I said for some reason when they are assigned static IP addresses theyw wont connect to the web even though they ping the servers on the network. I dont think the Magic Info software would interfere with the internet connection and the screens just run XP embedded something nothing unsual there.
  21. Hi All, I need help!! Does anyone use Samsung Magic info screens in their school? We have 3 of them and while I have pretty much got them working how I want them, there are still having some fundlemental issues that are causing me problems? Main one is- It will only connect to the internet if assigned a DHCP address and not a static one! This is a problem as we need some web content to be displayed on the screens. I would love to hear from anyone else who successfully using these screens and Magic Info software provided with it. Thanks
  22. Thanks this is probally what I need! i'll give it a try!
  23. yeah we have a license so that should be fine.
  24. Hi All, Can anyone help with the following: My headteacher wants our Samsung infomation screens to show the bbc web streaming live news at lunch time. While I can easily insert a web element into the screens I need to find the URL that automatically goes to the pop out player or rather full screen. At the momment this URL: BBC NEWS | Video and Audio | News Channel Live | BBC News Channel Works fine but has the all the other bbc website stuff around it and I need it full screen without having to select it? Any ideas what the URL for it might be? Thanks in advance for any help.
×
×
  • Create New...