teklogic Posted January 25, 2013 Posted January 25, 2013 Hi, Today has been a dreadful day, I am sure it is Friday the 13th. I am facing a large problem with broadband speeds and the lightspeed box. I have already contacted the ISP and they have informed me that something is using a solid 12mb/ps on download and upload. I have had a look on the protocols on Lightspeed all I can find is 0.0.0.0 (iP Address), if I block it, it stops the internet working completely. Any Ideas?
twin--turbo Posted January 25, 2013 Posted January 25, 2013 Have you tried with the network disconnected from the Lightspeed, and then just one client. Rob
teklogic Posted January 27, 2013 Author Posted January 27, 2013 Hi, I will give this a go on Monday to see if the issue is still there.
Geoff Posted January 27, 2013 Posted January 27, 2013 Port 67 is DHCP. IP 0.0.0.0 is the IP DHCP Clients use when broadcasting to find a DHCP server to give them an address. So chances are you have a misbehaving client. Run another network trace and this time capture the arp traffic and MAC addresses involved in the problematic DHCP traffic. Once you have the MAC consult your hardware inventory and/or your managed switches mac address tables.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now