Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey ppl, my exchange server went down and I needed a way to contact all my users letting them know the status of the server. Obviously I couldn't email them so I'm asking what some of you are using to alert(popup) the users of any updates, work etc that is being done. I could also just create a page on our district site and just direct them to that link for updates.??? any help is appreciated :)

 

Ref:

Servers: Win 2008 R2

Clients: Win 7 Pro

Thin clients: Win 2008 Term Server

-J

Posted
If anything major goes down e.g. email then we use the internal intranet noticeboard. Pop the message on the board when a user logs in they all get Chrome pop up straight away and the homepage is default for new windows and tabs so most users see it fairly quick and quite a few check back often to see if new messages have been posted. And then it spreads via word of mouth normally.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...