Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking to buy a mix of 42U floor standing and smaller wall mounted data/server cabinets. Know exactly the sizes I want but just not sure which cabs are good - anyone recommend any particular brand of cab and also reputable companies to buy from?

 

Thanx! :D

Posted

For wall cabinets I would use Excel. Good build quality, relatively low priced.

 

I haven't bought a full cabinet so I can't recommend on that one (the 2 I have I don't know the brand of).

Posted

I have an APC 42u server cab that was relatively inexpensive and the build quality is excellent. Some of the accessories (e.g. the roof fans and PDUs) were a little expensive but you don't necessarily need to buy APC ones. Mandy at Oliis (01753 496028) should be able to sort you out a price on what you need.

 

ICT Direct often get some nice cabs passing through. These can save a lot of money. Speak to John on 01254 820980.

 

For comms cabinets I usually let my cabling engineer (Ampec - ring Eddy on 07779 268224) select the best fit. Ampec's prices are generally very competitive and the quality of work is second to none. They are based in Chorley so not too far from you either ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...