Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was handed a laptop this morning that doesn't want to show images on any web page it goes to, just text... well I say handed to me today, I was handed it yesterday with no power supply and a flat battery so I handed it back... :frusty:

Anyway, Google looks like this...

 

page1b.png

 

I've done the clear caches, clear history, reset IE's settings to default, even sat the machine next to another similar one and gone through the options in the advanced tab and made sure they match...

 

Anyone else got any suggestions that I've missed?

Posted

You'd think resetting IE to default should have done the trick. Have you scanned for malware?

 

Looking at the screenshot, it does look like a javascript ish type of issue.

Posted
I've now done that and still no luck... I went on as the local user and found that there's no problem there at all... Any more ideas?
Posted
I'm creating a new profile because I'm getting a little fed up with users breathing down my neck waiting for their laptop back...
Posted

I think if the site (or some of Google's other domains - image files come from gstatic.com) has been put into the Restricted Sites or the Security level is set to High then you can have problems like this.

 

Dave

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...