techie211 Posted December 17, 2012 Posted December 17, 2012 hi ppl, I'm running Exchange 2003 w/Outlook 2010 clients. We have two schools(i.e; school 1, school 2) with each school having their own DL for teachers. I would like to combine school 1 and school 2 DL into one 'ex: both schools DL' to be able to only select the one DL for future bulk emails. Is this even possible? Do I create a Query-based Distribution Group and just add the DL's from school 1 and school 2? any help is appreciated -T
techie211 Posted December 17, 2012 Author Posted December 17, 2012 (edited) hi ppl, I'm running Exchange 2003 w/Outlook 2010 clients. We have two schools(i.e; school 1, school 2) with each school having their own DL for teachers. I would like to combine school 1 and school 2 DL into one 'ex: both schools DL' to be able to only select the one DL for future bulk emails. Is this even possible? Do I create a Query-based Distribution Group and just add the DL's from school 1 and school 2? any help is appreciated -T Update: found this little script that exports full name, group and email addresses. This should work if I just create a new DL and import these users? Edited December 17, 2012 by techie211
sukh Posted December 18, 2012 Posted December 18, 2012 Depending if you have 2 Exch Org's, which I shall I assume you have. Create a contact in each for the DL in the other Exch Org and add it to the exisitng DL. Make sure you're allowed to send to it or if it's open for unauthenticated users then that should do it. This will send the email to all those on each DL.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now