ironmaidenrule Posted December 10, 2012 Posted December 10, 2012 Is there a Group Policy setting in Workgroup Manager to specify a groups homepage....can't seem to find the setting.
ben604 Posted December 10, 2012 Posted December 10, 2012 Hey, Try User Configuration -> Policies -> Windows Settings -> Internet Explorer Maintenance -> URLs/Important URLs -> Homepage URL Ben
ironmaidenrule Posted December 10, 2012 Author Posted December 10, 2012 Hey, Try User Configuration -> Policies -> Windows Settings -> Internet Explorer Maintenance -> URLs/Important URLs -> Homepage URL Ben Isn't that Windows Group Policy, not WorkGroup Manager? If the Macs are also meant to read this same group policy, I must have a configuration error somewhere.
ben604 Posted December 10, 2012 Posted December 10, 2012 Sorry, I saw "Group Policy" in the title and "homepage" in the body and missed the rest of the words out! Not sure if there is a setting for that in WGM. I tend to set things up by importing plist files into the "Details" Tab of the group or computer group I'm trying to affect. Use a machine as a model, find out which plist stores the homepage setting, change the homepage to what you'd like, then export that plist from that machine onto a share on the server. Then add that plist to the Details tab. If that makes sense...
ironmaidenrule Posted December 10, 2012 Author Posted December 10, 2012 Sorry, I saw "Group Policy" in the title and "homepage" in the body and missed the rest of the words out! Not sure if there is a setting for that in WGM. I tend to set things up by importing plist files into the "Details" Tab of the group or computer group I'm trying to affect. Use a machine as a model, find out which plist stores the homepage setting, change the homepage to what you'd like, then export that plist from that machine onto a share on the server. Then add that plist to the Details tab. If that makes sense... Cool, thanks for that, shall have a play with that and post back.
Tsonga Posted December 10, 2012 Posted December 10, 2012 Number 5 on this list: 7 Workgroup Manager Tricks to Keep your Managed Macs in Line | Interrupt19
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now