Ex-MGSTech Posted July 4, 2007 Posted July 4, 2007 Hi all Thought I'd dive in with my first post with something I've been personally involved with. if you have googled for a school ICT policy and found the old Kent version then I have some good news for you. We've recently completed a through update top take into consideration new and emerging technologies If you are looking for a template, you could do worse than check out the 2007 revision at:- http://www.clusterweb.org.uk/kcn/e-safety_home.cfm There's nothing worse than re-inventing the wheel! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and I'll try to help. Rgds Steve PS there are also copies of our revised primary and secondary ICT posters to display in your ICT equipped rooms.....All free!
elsiegee40 Posted July 4, 2007 Posted July 4, 2007 Thanks for this... I will be going through it! Lin
Ex-MGSTech Posted July 5, 2007 Author Posted July 5, 2007 Thanks, we also have a series of E-Safety Conferences (3 so far all 100% attendance!) we will be having the next one on the 5th October at the Kent Police Training College in Maidstone. if anyone's interested, drop me a line. We have speakers from CEOP, Becta, Local Schools and Kent Police. I make no apologies that this gives all attendees a wake up call to child safety online, and good sound information on what schools can do about things. For instance is anyone aware that the DfEs has made available (free) E-Safety CD's to give to parents on parents evenings etc? Details HERE Rgds Sreve
GrumbleDook Posted July 5, 2007 Posted July 5, 2007 The Child-net CDs are fantastic. We got our delivery last week and are reworking our assemblies for September. I would also recommend people pick up the Schools Pack too.
SimpleSi Posted July 5, 2007 Posted July 5, 2007 Any chance of making pdf versions available? regards Simon
alonebfg Posted July 5, 2007 Posted July 5, 2007 I am doing the course next week in london for think you know at the ceop centre. Its free and it looks good i did post about it but noone has been from whet i can make out from the posts. I do have a free place as someone has pulled out its on the 10th july if anyone intrested its for a morning and you must have current CRB enhanced if you are intrested pm me.
Guest richard Posted July 6, 2007 Posted July 6, 2007 Thanks, we also have a series of E-Safety Conferences (3 so far all 100% attendance!) we will be having the next one on the 5th October at the Kent Police Training College in Maidstone. if anyone's interested, drop me a line. I was interested in going to this but I have been told that it is aimed at secondary schools. We are a primary Slightly off topic where about in Kent are you?
Diello Posted July 6, 2007 Posted July 6, 2007 Yup - we've just started doing the ThinkUKnow stuff here, real awakening for the girls, and also good for some staff who can't understand why we restrict their Internet access. Richard - I'm betting he's from Maidstone... call it male intuition!
Ex-MGSTech Posted July 7, 2007 Author Posted July 7, 2007 Any chance of making pdf versions available? regards Simon As in you want PDF versions or you'd like the PDF as a Word file, sorry couldn't grasp what your asking for? S
alonebfg Posted July 8, 2007 Posted July 8, 2007 I am not in kent i am from south west Sorry for the dely answering been having a few probs of late but hope to sort them soon
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now