localzuk Posted December 3, 2012 Posted December 3, 2012 So, I noticed on the few licenses for this we had bought for our CleverTouch TVs and Epson interactive projectors. The license is yearly. Not perpetual. I emailed SMART too and they confirmed this. You can supposedly get a subscription of some form, but I am yet to investigate. What they're effectively saying is "don't buy our software". Anyone else noticed this?
FN-GM Posted December 3, 2012 Posted December 3, 2012 If you have a smartboard i thought you could use the software on all machines even when not connected to a smartboard. I dont use smart anymore but i was told this by someone who sells the things.
localzuk Posted December 3, 2012 Author Posted December 3, 2012 If you have a smartboard i thought you could use the software on all machines even when not connected to a smartboard. I dont use smart anymore but i was told this by someone who sells the things. You've missed the important bit - we have some non-SMART projectors and other interactive displays. This is specifically disallowed in the user license for the software without a separate 'collaborative' license. You can use SMART Notebook on a reasonable number of computers which aren't connected to non-SMART equipment (ie. install it on all teacher laptops etc...) though.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now