pcstru Posted November 21, 2012 Posted November 21, 2012 Does anyone have a comparative analysis of printing costs they use covering inkjet, laser, MDF etc? Appreciate they all differ, I'd just like to get some quick ball park data!
pcstru Posted November 21, 2012 Author Posted November 21, 2012 For those that may come after, here's some ball park numbers. Leased MFD's : MFD Mono : £0.0044 MFD Color : £0.045 Both lasers and inkjet costs vary on page coverage; the costs given are fairly typical ranges based on page coverage of 5% up to 90%. Ink costs on the inkjet don't vary much with color. Mono Laser : £0.025 - £0.30 Color Laser : £0.04-£0.60 Inkjet : £0.11-£1.50
localzuk Posted November 21, 2012 Posted November 21, 2012 Those MFD prices are very expensive pcstru. Quotes I've just got for them here are 0.3 mono and 3.2 colour ish. Can't argue with the laser/ink though - the prices can be 'nothing' to 'arm and a leg' depending on whether you use originals, the make and model of the machines. For example, Epson CX11 colour lasers cost us about 10p a mono copy and 20p minimum for colour, whereas HP CP3505's are fractions of a penny mono.
pcstru Posted November 21, 2012 Author Posted November 21, 2012 Those MFD prices are very expensive pcstru. Quotes I've just got for them here are 0.3 mono and 3.2 colour ish. £0.004 is 0.4 pence - so yours are 24% cheaper - about the same as your colour. You are certainly getting a better deal - although I think you might do better still on colour (I've been quoted 1p per copy colour on a machine lease). The years might account for some of the difference - we are 2 years into a 3 year lease on our copiers.
localzuk Posted November 21, 2012 Posted November 21, 2012 £0.004 is 0.4 pence - so yours are 24% cheaper - about the same as your colour. You are certainly getting a better deal - although I think you might do better still on colour (I've been quoted 1p per copy colour on a machine lease). The years might account for some of the difference - we are 2 years into a 3 year lease on our copiers. 1p per colour on an MFD? That's ridiculously cheap - only place I've seen it is on Riso duplicators (which aren't good quality). I've gone direct to manufacturers under government contracts and the cheapest colour one is 2.93! All of the central government contracts also state the prices can't change during the life of the contract.
localzuk Posted November 21, 2012 Posted November 21, 2012 can you recommend the supplier please The best pricing I'm getting is from Ricoh and Konica Minolta (direct with the manufacturers) - but in both cases they contacted us! Ricoh's rental prices are ridiculously cheap too. 1
glennda Posted November 21, 2012 Posted November 21, 2012 can you recommend the supplier please I went with Ricoh direct just before I left my last place. They will also now do Papercut MF as part of the lease agreement. 1
localzuk Posted November 21, 2012 Posted November 21, 2012 I went with Ricoh direct just before I left my last place. They will also now do Papercut MF as part of the lease agreement. On this - its probably cheaper to go direct with someone for the Papercut MF license - they usually come out much cheaper.
glennda Posted November 21, 2012 Posted November 21, 2012 (edited) On this - its probably cheaper to go direct with someone for the Papercut MF license - they usually come out much cheaper. Originally we were going to buy separate Papercut for ITS and Devices from Ricoh, but we had a competetive quote from a third party (who I can't remember) who bundled it all together. Which made Ricoh hook up with ITS to offer an All in one solution at what was essentially the same cost. The school was going for MF with biometric integration which was a far chunk of money (about 17K I think). @CyberNerd - if you want I will PM you the name of the account manager round here - very nice lady One thing to note is that some of the suppliers will charge you double click fees if printing to A3. Whereas Ricoh direct don't. If you don't print much in A3 that should be ok then! Edited November 21, 2012 by glennda
pcstru Posted November 21, 2012 Author Posted November 21, 2012 1p per colour on an MFD? That's ridiculously cheap - only place I've seen it is on Riso duplicators (which aren't good quality). That's the company! They have been badgering to put in a device with free printing for a month, which I will probably take up to check quality. My wife's old school had a Riso device though and she said they were OK...
localzuk Posted November 21, 2012 Posted November 21, 2012 That's the company! They have been badgering to put in a device with free printing for a month, which I will probably take up to check quality. My wife's old school had a Riso device though and she said they were OK... They are high speed duplicators rather than copiers, so they have a place, but when I last looked at them (about 3 years now) the quality was nowhere near that of copiers.
pcstru Posted November 21, 2012 Author Posted November 21, 2012 The best pricing I'm getting is from Ricoh and Konica Minolta (direct with the manufacturers) - but in both cases they contacted us! Ricoh's rental prices are ridiculously cheap too. Just goes to show the difference as ours are Ricoh. Must press them for a better deal!
localzuk Posted November 21, 2012 Posted November 21, 2012 Just goes to show the difference as ours are Ricoh. Must press them for a better deal! Get them to quote under the contract 'CPC/DU/MFD/01'.
glennda Posted November 21, 2012 Posted November 21, 2012 Just goes to show the difference as ours are Ricoh. Must press them for a better deal! I went under the Kent County Contract and has similar click charges.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now