MatthewL Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 I have 3 columns, one with date i.e. 19/11/2012, on with time i.e. 17:53:00 and then I will have a 3rd which I want to autofill depending on what is in columns 1 and 2. I want the end result to be: 20121119175300, so the date changed around and added to create a unique number. Can this be done or not?
kulgan Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 (edited) Can't you use the year, month, date etc. functions ? Concatenate with the &. E.g. year(a1)&month(a1)&day(a1)&hour(b1)&minute(b1)&second(b1) Edited November 19, 2012 by kulgan
Arthur Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 Here's one way to do it... http://i.imgur.com/Kfh1H.png 1
MatthewL Posted November 19, 2012 Author Posted November 19, 2012 Thanks Arthur, worked to do exactly what I wanted.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now