Samma1625 Posted November 14, 2012 Posted November 14, 2012 Hello! We have been having a re-occurring issue with mymaths.co.uk for a little while, we came in as "the I.T Team" after a previously lackluster administration to find that we where facing a number of issue, most of which have been resolved besides this. When we go into my maths we can access it just fine from our administrator computers and all is Tip-Top, but when we are using staff laptops/desktops the drop down boxes aren't populated and the calender doesn't work. Knowing these to be Flash components we upgraded the flash plug-ins and all to do with flash but to no avail, did I mention we are using IE9? I think not. We've tried a whole host of different troubleshooting steps but we are to the point of chancing our arm with most suggestions now, These are the steps we've taken; Clearing browser histories Updating flash Updating java updating windows using chrome (worked but we don't want to implement chrome on our network) talking to the filtering company Protex (based on a previous Edugeek post I googled) Logging in as an administrator Has anyone else had this issue and any advice is greatly appreciated, Thanks Sam
chazzy2501 Posted November 14, 2012 Posted November 14, 2012 What version of flash? 11.1 does not work quite right with non admin users.
Samma1625 Posted November 14, 2012 Author Posted November 14, 2012 we are using 11,5,31,2 it was released at the weekend.
chazzy2501 Posted November 14, 2012 Posted November 14, 2012 I use win732bitsp1 with flash 11.2 on ie9 and the site works great as a standard user. (doesn't help you but just saying the site can work)
Samma1625 Posted November 14, 2012 Author Posted November 14, 2012 Oh, ok ! well its good to rule out that the site isn't down. I just talked to a lady from Mymaths and she seemed fairly confident she had seen this issue before, Awaiting her call now basically.
kaphc Posted November 20, 2012 Posted November 20, 2012 Just a shot in the dark, but have you got ActiveX Filtering turned on in IE9? This stops Flash from working properly, plus anything else reliant on ActiveX Controls. Adobe Community: ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer 9 explains it in more detail. I had Youtube blocked on an IE9 PC the other week and it said that Flash Player was not installed when it was, which was the same issue.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now