pooley Posted November 9, 2012 Posted November 9, 2012 Sorry for the Cross post - originally posted in Server 2008 section(not R2) Default domain GPO error - 2k3 to 2008 upgrade Ok a long time ago I upgraded our 2k3 network to a 2008r2, and all has been well. All old GPO's have been running fine etc. Until now ..... I have just tried creating a new folder redirection policy (my docs) on the server and it's not working, the gpo does't even show up on the client machine, gpresult only shows Desktop redirect. So a lot of fiddling, recreating of users, ou's, gpo's later I am still stuck. So I took a look at the default domain policy, and lo and behold I find an error there : - An unknown error occurred while data was gathered for this extension. Details: FRSettingRead failed with -2147020590 (screenshot attached) I cannot find the setting to edit/remove. I assume this is an old 2003 gpo setting. Google says its an oversized ini file but none of mine are over 400kb. So i'm a bit stuck. Any suggestions ??
ThatBoringBloke Posted November 9, 2012 Posted November 9, 2012 Have you changed anything on the default domain gpo? I would suggest that you try restoring the default domain gpo to the default settings. MS has a tool somewhere to show you how to do it.
pooley Posted November 9, 2012 Author Posted November 9, 2012 Yeah that's my next step, just worrying about the possible effects on MS Exchange, there shouldn't be though ??
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now