Dos_Box Posted November 8, 2012 Posted November 8, 2012 At long last the first clip has been released as part of a show trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3hYKPt0uJQ It doesn't look much like the book though but pretty awesome none the less!
Dos_Box Posted November 9, 2012 Author Posted November 9, 2012 One question. Why are all the zombies like undead Usain Bolts? In the book they fair shuffled along. In their millions. Oh, and if you haven't read the book I highly suggest you do. It's a fantastic read and not like an action film at all. More 'what would happen if civilisation as we know it collapsed'.
Haptic Posted November 9, 2012 Posted November 9, 2012 The book is easily the best I've read in the genre IMO The film looks like a bag of pony, more like an I am Legend prequel. Slow shufflers all the way, it's what made classic parts of the book like Yonkers so amazing. I don't mind your 'infected' or 'rage' Danny Boyle efforts, fine in their own right. I just wish they'd have followed the book's narrative. I doubt the mass audience would appreciate a film based mainly on interviews/witness accounts. I'll stick with TWD (PS DosBox have you read 'Day by day Armageddon' and 'Beyond Exile'? Two great Z Books penned by an guy who's ex-forces. Sloppy writing at times but superb insight into survival/combat techniques Joe 'Redeker'
Dos_Box Posted November 9, 2012 Author Posted November 9, 2012 Yeh, the scary thing about Yonkers was that it wasn't they were running, but they wouldn't stop coming! I know the movie has had numerous re-writes apparently and some scenes had to be re-done, so it's already late as it is. Still. ZOMBIES!!
Simcfc73 Posted March 25, 2013 Posted March 25, 2013 I like Zombie films but this underwhelms me. Not sure how they will end it as the book works really well. One of the best bit in the book is the one with the pilot crash landing and the bit with the dog owners, can't be in the film by the look at it.
Bompalompalomp Posted April 30, 2013 Posted April 30, 2013 Ugh. Looks like utter tripe. At this point they could have just animated the audiobook and it would be better.
Gatt Posted May 1, 2013 Posted May 1, 2013 Part of it was filmed in George Square in Glasgow - No trouble finding Z extra's there then A ll they needed to do was grab some CCTv footage andVoila! Instant Z footage!
LiamH Posted May 1, 2013 Posted May 1, 2013 Part of it was filmed in George Square in Glasgow - No trouble finding Z extra's there then A ll they needed to do was grab some CCTv footage andVoila! Instant Z footage! I liked the way Frankie Boyle put it. "They created loads of extra's for the zombie film just by suspending the methadrone program for a few days"
6Foot2 Posted June 15, 2013 Posted June 15, 2013 Ahead of its UK release next week [21st June] here is another trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZOrntomAxHQ
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now