DaveGB Posted November 7, 2012 Posted November 7, 2012 Hi all, Just started to use latest Xibo 1.4 windows client. Happily doing layouts adding video, powerpoints etc But am failing to get RSS feed for BBC news to work. Am using http://HTTP://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml Any simple steps to get the rss feed to work. Or indeed a link to another news RSS feed that will work (hopefully) Many thanks for considering my query.
GeeDee86 Posted November 12, 2012 Posted November 12, 2012 Dave, I had a problem with the 1.2 client. We were using proxy autoconfig files - but it actually wants the proxy details embedded in IE directly (or the client)... might be worth a try with the new version? Gareth
DaveGB Posted November 13, 2012 Author Posted November 13, 2012 Hi Gareth, I'm using the latest windows client 1.4. I can see feeds on IE but it's not showing in the client folder. I'm stumped on why it's not working, even though I use a static IP address etc. May look at an alternative free digital signage software I can run direct from PC as am getting rather annoyed with Xibo now.
Thunderous71 Posted November 16, 2012 Posted November 16, 2012 Hi Gareth, May look at an alternative free digital signage software I can run direct from PC as am getting rather annoyed with Xibo now. Don't think this is 100% xibo problem, "warning Error fetching BBC News - Home. Response: OK (200). Error: No link discovered in response" some of the BBC feeds seem to cause problems with other RSS interrupters also.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now