Danp Posted October 25, 2012 Posted October 25, 2012 Trying to find a low profile pci-express card that supports 3 outputs is driving me made. I did buy one (MSI R5450) and although it's a great card, it only supports 2 outputs at once. Can anyone recommend a card that will suit me? Dont mind what combination of outputs as long as there is only one VGA, HDMI, DVI or Displayport are fine.
featured_spectre Posted October 25, 2012 Posted October 25, 2012 I have an ATI Firepro 2450 for sale Runs up to 4 screens. Low profile. Special connectors allow it to go to DVI.
Danp Posted October 25, 2012 Author Posted October 25, 2012 (edited) Helpful? Yes, very. I have seen this and that's why I ordered the card I did. One website listed it as having 3 output capability but were not cheapest. Long story short, it does not handle 3, only 2 of the 3 at a time. My machine only supports 2 and once a card has been fitted the on board are disabled. Edited October 25, 2012 by Danp
Danp Posted October 25, 2012 Author Posted October 25, 2012 I have an ATI Firepro 2450 for sale Runs up to 4 screens. Low profile. Special connectors allow it to go to DVI. Drop me a PM with a price
X-13 Posted October 25, 2012 Posted October 25, 2012 I have an ATI Firepro 2450 for sale [ATTACH=CONFIG]15707[/ATTACH] Not sure if prize from Stocktober or coincidence.
featured_spectre Posted October 25, 2012 Posted October 25, 2012 Stocktober prize...I told them I had no use for it and they even suggested ebay!
X-13 Posted October 25, 2012 Posted October 25, 2012 Stocktober prize...I told them I had no use for it and they even suggested ebay! I remember seeing your thread about it, I thought you'd already whacked it up on fleabay and sold it.
X-13 Posted October 25, 2012 Posted October 25, 2012 it didn't sell on ebay That sucks. But, it could be handy for @Danp. You still get to sell the card, and he gets what he needs. Win/Win.
Danp Posted October 25, 2012 Author Posted October 25, 2012 That sucks. But, it could be handy for @Danp. You still get to sell the card, and he gets what he needs. Win/Win. It's a very nice card, just a little over spec\price for what I need.
X-13 Posted October 25, 2012 Posted October 25, 2012 It's a very nice card, just a little over spec\price for what I need. Splash out, treat yourself. [i have no idea what your budget is nor do I know the price of this card.]
Geoff Posted October 25, 2012 Posted October 25, 2012 I added a kensington displaylink usb adapter to a machine here to get a 3rd display. Kensington - Universal Multi-Display Adapter
Danp Posted October 25, 2012 Author Posted October 25, 2012 Splash out, treat yourself. [i have no idea what your budget is nor do I know the price of this card.] No, it's only for my work machine. They are paying for the ssd, I want more than 2 monitors.
Danp Posted October 25, 2012 Author Posted October 25, 2012 I added a kensington displaylink usb adapter to a machine here to get a 3rd display. Kensington - Universal Multi-Display Adapter Looks interesting, how do you have your screens setup? I am looking at having all 3 in extended mode, does this show up ok?
Geoff Posted October 25, 2012 Posted October 25, 2012 It's totally fine on Win7, just shows up in the monitor section so you can re-arrange however you like.
Danp Posted October 29, 2012 Author Posted October 29, 2012 It's totally fine on Win7, just shows up in the monitor section so you can re-arrange however you like. Might be the way to go then for my 3rd screen running monitoring software.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now