kirchie Posted October 12, 2012 Posted October 12, 2012 I'm making a SS for some teachers that lets them track how the kid's grades are doing compared to their targets (conditional formatting with a Vlookup on a grade boundary table). They've not asked for the feature I want to include, but I'm going to try it anyway. What I want to do is make a bit of code, or an IF statement if that's simpler, that provides a prompt if the teacher enters a mark that's higher than the maximum (e.g. they put 5 when the top mark is 4). I've got a basic idea of how it should look, something like "IF the value of cell x is greater than y, then do pop up warning", but it's been so long since I've used VBA. If anyone else has been able to do this or can do this and can shed some light, I'd be eternally grateful
pcstru Posted October 13, 2012 Posted October 13, 2012 (edited) Just create a tab called (say) lookups (my favourite tab!). Make a list of valid grades in on that tab. Select the list and in the names box (*1) give the range a name say ValidGrades. Now on the cells where the teacher will enter the grades, select the cells then from the data toolbar select "validation". In the popup select "list" from the dropdown and then in the Source box put "=ValidGrades". The cells will now only allow values in the list you defined. More Info. Edited October 13, 2012 by pcstru 1
kirchie Posted October 13, 2012 Author Posted October 13, 2012 Well that WAS simple! Thank you very much pcstru!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now