Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've got my remote apps running through our HAP+ installation now, they all seem to be good. I just have 1 little problem. When a user loads up Word, or any other app, and they click on open to open a document they can only see the servers local drives, so c and d. They can't get to their user area.

 

Is there a way of hiding the c and d drive on the server and showing the users home area?

Posted
This is probably to do with remoteApp policies. RemoteApp just starts a user session on an RDP server then pipes those app windows through. To hide the drives you'll want to apply a policy to the TS users that hides the drives, you may need to use loopback policies or something if this is not applied to your users usually.
  • Thanks 1
Posted
Thanks for that, that's the 2 drives hidden from view. Where do I enable the client's c drive to be mapped to their session, I think I turned it off by mistake and can't remember where to re-enable it.
Posted
Under terminal services configuration in the TS manager I think, local storage redirection, its in the same place as printer/audio/usb redirection. There may be GPOs to configure it too but I have usually done it manually as we only have one per site.
Posted
Is that on 2003? I can't see terminal services configuration on 2008 r2 (should have mentioned i was running that earlier)
Posted

My bad, I don't mess with the TS stuff much, more set and forget here. I just looked and found it in 2008 R1

 

TS RemoteApp Manager > Terminal Server Setting (from actions sidebar) > Common RDP Settings (Tab) > Drives

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...