Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

On our 2008 Server we have a top level shared folder with all the users folders underneath that (ie \\server\yeargroup\) - works fine and always has. The issue I'm having is right-clicking to get the properties on any of those folder takes ages before the dialogue box with 'properties' etc appears - 60 seconds or more sometimes which is really slow!

 

This is a fast new server, 2008 R2 and reading the properties from a remote PC is almost instant - the delay only occurs when logged into the server itself.

 

Any ideas?

Posted

Check task manager to see if anything spikes when right clicking, maybe antivirus or could be some shell extension enabled ?

 

Does this only happen on that single folder ?

Posted

Task manager shows no/next to no activity. It happens on nearly every folder, but not on individual files. Very odd behaviour!

 

At first I thought it was because it was a large folder and it was calculating the size, but it happens on small folders as well

Posted

This is very odd - I've just logged back in again (remote desktop) and its responding perfectly - Properties comes up almost instantly!

 

The server hasn't been rebooted, nor have I changed anything. Logging off/on again with a new remote session has fixed it, but I can't see how! I'll have to keep an eye on it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...