Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

In the steam Summer sale, I purchased PAYDAY: The Hiest for £3.74. Based on the quality of the game against the price, it was a total bargain and I've wasted hours on it! It's not a huge game with only 7 maps, but it's very re-playable with friends. Yesterday, new DLC was released for it. Because new DLC is available, the game has once again been slashed to £3.74 (get it if you missed out on the steam sale, it's really awesome!)

 

What really annoys me is that the DLC has 2 new maps, 3 new weapons and a few other minor additions and they want £8 for it! I would not mind paying £3-£4 quid for it, but £8 just seems too much for what you get in the DLC. Even at full price, the game is around only £11. DLC seems to be way over priced IMO.

 

Guess I'll wait for the Steam Christmas sale...

Posted

Welcome to modern day gaming. Features get slashed for DLC, playerbases segregated to exploit peer pressure, game improvements cut for expansions and small details like avatar customisations bundled into addon packs. I've even seen one company offer survey scams from spam companies to it's customers to generate side income.

 

The business model started with promise but so many companies are gouging customers so hard it's causing "DLC fatigue." The worst in the form of content rentals and online passes are still to come!

Posted
they want £8 for it!

Wait until you see what Rockstar want for the Max Payne 3 DLC. There's no way I am going to pay £30 for the game and another £20 for DLC!!! This is taking the :censored: :mad:

 

http://i.imgur.com/Tl1Sn.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...