Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all, just thought I'd repost what I've done to HAP+ today. https://hap.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/78069

 

First off is the way HAP+ handles JSON errors. Any jquery AJAX that is done will no longer display an alert box, it will render a little alert in the top left of the screen with the title of the error, but no information. The information can be found in the event log on the server.

 

This should reduce the amount of client errors you get, and also make it easier to log errors without having to using Firebug to JSON debug

 

 

Next is to do with the Logon Tracker, I've finally managed to get the override code working. So in the v8 release, the logon tracker will actually allow you to OVERRIDE the prompt and log more than the max on.

 

 

Next is to do with the booking system, quite a few little changes have happened here today. You can now have custom year group selections per resource. So if you only want Years 12 and Year 13 to book into a specific resource you can now do that, granted teachers can use fake details but that's there lookout.

 

Another feature along the same lines, is you can now have per resource quantity selectors (Currently only for Laptops). So you can have 1 set of laptops which have the option of 15 or 30 and other set which is 10 or 20.

 

Next is a new feature, READ ONLY resources. You can specify a resource to allow only a set number of staff to have "write" permissions, or a set number of staff to have "read only" permissions. Booking System Admins ignore this option, and the system will expect you not to put a member of staff in the list if you want them to be the resource admin.

 

 

 

I'm hoping to finish the My Homework feature off when I next get some free time.

 

(it's the end of the year here in the UK, well almost, and my school hasn't finished the timetable off so I'm going to be spending more of my free time putting that into Nova-T and then doing the kids options, hopefully I'll have some free time in August)

 

 

I did look into putting some new features into the Logon Tracker pages but decided against it.

 

I hope you'll all enjoy the v8 release, which will be out as soon as I finish the My Homework feature.

  • Thanks 1
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...