penfold Posted June 18, 2012 Posted June 18, 2012 We have a new server installed on VMware which is due to replace one of our problamatic existing servers. At the moment we have it in a sandboxed environment while I finish the configuration but I need to transfer some files to update the software. I may be being a little thick here, but how can I copy the file over?
cpjitservices Posted June 18, 2012 Posted June 18, 2012 vSphere Client ? Although I think that actually transfers files to the actual server not the host.
glennda Posted June 18, 2012 Posted June 18, 2012 The same way you would copy any file or folder from one non-virtual server to another, e.g. via Windows Explorer, etc, assuming you are putting the server on the domain. Its in a sandbox enviroment so seperate. personally a quick easy way is to stick the files in an ISO upload to datastore and then mount as a cd drive on sandbox server. 1
penfold Posted June 18, 2012 Author Posted June 18, 2012 Sorry, didn't read the OP properly. The server isn't on the network at the moment so I cant connect to it outside of the VMware software. I cant give the new server domain access as it has the same name as the one it is replacing (reasons being that a lot of scripts have been installed locally on clients which will cause problems if a different server is used). Using vSphere Client, I can see that you can load .iso images into the CD drive but wondered if there was a way I could get it to see other files?
penfold Posted June 18, 2012 Author Posted June 18, 2012 Its in a sandbox enviroment so seperate. personally a quick easy way is to stick the files in an ISO upload to datastore and then mount as a cd drive on sandbox server. I did think of this, but wasn't sure if it would work.... Thanks (for some reason there isn't a thank button on your post:confused:)
glennda Posted June 18, 2012 Posted June 18, 2012 I did think of this, but wasn't sure if it would work.... Thanks (for some reason there isn't a thank button on your post:confused:) yeah it should do - if you download cdburner xp and create a data disc - file save as ISO - job done. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now