Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Can anyone recommend a reliable site where I can purchase PC game's and download the installers directly to my hard drive?

 

It can't be steam as I'm after the ARMA2 Operation Arrowhead add-on and I bought the game on DVD rather than via Steam.

Posted (edited)

If you're after ARMA2: OA for the Day-Z mod, you can get the Steam version and mix the two, by the way. I'll be trying this for the mod (I have ARMA2 on Steam anyway, still dubious about buying the games separately opposed to the stated Combined Ops pack)

 

Q: Can i use retail version of A2 with my STEM A2: OA ?

A: Yes, You can as long as the language is supported and ARMA 2 is updated to version 1.08

Note: might not work with Polish and Russian retail releases

Source: Official ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead Steam FAQ - Steam Users' Forums

 

See also: How to install DayZ - DayZ Wiki

 

As for an answer to your question - none that are UK based.

 

When I worked for GameSpy/IGN, we had Direct2Drive, which has since been bought by GameFly and looks crap (game rentals and poor download choice?). I'm not sure of any others but then again, I haven't looked recently.

Edited by Mako
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
If you're after ARMA2: OA for the Day-Z mod, you can get the Steam version and mix the two, by the way. I'll be trying this for the mod (I have ARMA2 on Steam anyway, still dubious about buying the games separately opposed to the stated Combined Ops pack)

 

 

Source: Official ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead Steam FAQ - Steam Users' Forums

 

See also: How to install DayZ - DayZ Wiki

 

As for an answer to your question - none that are UK based.

 

When I worked for GameSpy/IGN, we had Direct2Drive, which has since been bought by GameFly and looks crap (game rentals and poor download choice?). I'm not sure of any others but then again, I haven't looked recently.

 

Thanks @Mako, you are correct. I'm itching to play Dayz. ;)

 

Did a bit of Googling and found this:

 

Download game Arma II - Operation Arrowhead right now!

 

25% off at the moment, so only £8.95 on there & just under half the price of Steam's offering.

Edited by Rawns
Posted

No worries, and thanks for that link. Interestingly competitive prices there.

 

I'm probably going to be a completely awkward git and get it via steam anyway, then they're both on the same platform with updated installs etc.

 

Unfortunately I've nearly capped my download limit this month so it'll have to wait. Sigh.

 

Maybe we'll be killing zombies (or each other?) in the same server soon.

Posted (edited)
No worries, and thanks for that link. Interestingly competitive prices there.

 

I'm probably going to be a completely awkward git and get it via steam anyway, then they're both on the same platform with updated installs etc.

 

Unfortunately I've nearly capped my download limit this month so it'll have to wait. Sigh.

 

Maybe we'll be killing zombies (or each other?) in the same server soon.

 

Just purchased at home and it's on the DL. I'm happy with that, came to just over £9... stupid card payment handling fee! The download is flying too. Glad I recently upgraded my TalkTalk package to unlimited downloads and priority peak time access. :)

 

Update the thread if you decide to get involved. looks like a game where you need your back covered! :)

Edited by Rawns

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...