Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Right then, I've got a client who currently has a website built using ZOPE/PLONE. Now, whenever I do a site for people, I always like (in a similar way to backing up peoples data when rebuilding a computer) to take a copy of it so if there is any information that is missed in the transfer process that actually it's there to pick at.

 

Most sites are PHP/MySQL driven or just plain static sites, but this one client has a ZOPE/PLONE base which I'm moving them away from as it's far to complicated for their needs having done a review with them. So I thought "great, jump on, take a copy of the site and then we can look at moving to a new server" (the current server keeps falling over unless the ZOPE install is restarted by a cron script every 30mins or so)

 

So, I log on to the control panel (webfaction) and see if there is a backup thing there, you know like most web hosts these days provide - but nope ..

So, I log onto the SSH to have a look to see if I can find what is being served up from where, but alas, I can't ..

 

So I gave up and went to bed, but I thought that I would post something up to see if anyone has any experience of ZOPE and indeed how the heck I can make a backup of the information on there for future reference should it be needed, etc.

 

Many thanks

Andy T :)

  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...