Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All,

 

Having got my Thinstation setup working just the way I wanted I am now looking to refurbish the old PCs.

 

I have around 25ish mini-atx mobo's and I am looking for a fairly small case for it.

 

I have no need for CD-rom, nor is there going to be any HD installed however I would like to have "Maybe" front based USB ports.

 

I plane to underdesk mount these and will even fabricate mounting brackets if need be but most of all they must have a PSU and be cheap.

 

The room these are going into is to replace fat clients that have been damaged over and over as the room is an un-maned drop in center, hence the under desk mounting with minimal access.

 

So here is the challange, anyone ready to take it up???

Posted

Midget: Thanks for these although these cases are for MINI-ITX boards and I have MINI-ATX boards so I thik these cases are going to be too small.

 

Or am I wrong???

Posted

AHHHH mini ATX thats something completely different and going to be difficult to find many cases that dont have 5 1/4 slots.

 

Micro ATX are 280x200mm

Mini ITX are 170x170mm

 

Sorry no idea then.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...